Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all, in a couple of months i plan to purchase a 3rd Gen GS450H.  I have read a lot about the lack of space in the boot as it is only 280L, this is even smaller than my old IS200 so i know that my sons buggy won't fit, so i will have to wait until he is in a pram.  This had thinking about the space that i actually need and use.  Will the boot actually take my mother in laws wheelchair, as we take her out from time to time.  Can we fit 4 suit cases in for when we go on holiday, they are not large cases, my daughter is small and we would use my daughter's old Trunki for my boy.  I would love to actually go look at one, but the nearest one to me is over 60miles away what is far than i actually want to travel to just look at the size of the boot and judge for myself in person as it can be hard to tell from pictures.

I very much doubt a wheelchair would go in. The boot is very small. Four small suitcases possibly.

However the only way to tell is to try. There must be a GS450h nearer to you than 60 miles. Anyone?

John

There is one closer that i could go look at but that is a private sale and i really would hate to waste people time.  The nearest one at a dealer is 68 miles away, i don't mind wasting a dealers time.

The boot isn't very deep, but its still as wide and high as any other comparable car.

Is there a particular measurement we could take which would help you?

6 minutes ago, inflames said:

Guess the main measurement would be how deep is the boot.  The width should be fine as i have heard it takes a few sets of golf clubs.

You could get a box of 60cm deep, 46cm high, and 110cm wide in there according to my measurements just now. Its a bit of a funny shape so you would be able to pack other softer stuff around this mystical box.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mkbean said:

You could get a box of 60cm deep, 46cm high, and 110cm wide in there according to my measurements just now. Its a bit of a funny shape so you would be able to pack other softer stuff around this mystical box.

Cheers that was quick!

I am guessing that there may well be a GS300 nearer to you than a GS450.

You could take a look at that boot and bear in mind that the deeper recess for the middle third or so of the boot will be missing. This ought to give you a fair idea of the size.

10 hours ago, Mike Hartland said:

I am guessing that there may well be a GS300 nearer to you than a GS450.

You could take a look at that boot and bear in mind that the deeper recess for the middle third or so of the boot will be missing. This ought to give you a fair idea of the size.

I went with that idea too, but the nearest GS300 about 50 miles away and GS430 is over 100 miles. I have noticed sense Lexus shut the their own dealership and moved to the main Toyota dealer in Norwich.  There is not that many 3rd gen or  newer Lexus cars in Norfolk.

just bought a gs450h myself and although the boot size was a question in the end its not that small I managed to get 2 large suitcases in it for the holidays 
but buy the car cause without a doubt its the best car i've ever had the power is knockout and the comfort and gadgets put a smile on my face everytime in go to get in it

ill get a tape measure this afternoon and take photos with some everyday objects in it to give you a better idea of the size
Its basically somewhere between a fiesta and focus boot in size 

• 2 weeks later...

I just recently went to spain for a week long break and the wife, me and 2 kids took 2 back packs both 10kg each and 2 x 25kg size suitcase in the boot was a squeeze but they fitted

The boot easily fits the weekly shopping ive attached a photo from easter, the eggs were the large type so it might give you an idea of depth

If you need any more info on any aspect of the car just shout

The power and comfort of the car is well worth the small boot
We averaged 33 mpg doing the 3 and half hour journey from house to airport and back

boot.jpg

14 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

I wish I could pack a boot like that! Well done!

cheers m8 when i thought about getting one I thought the boot was small but when you consider all you need or use a boot for is school bags and weekly shop buying the car was a no brainer, easily the best car Ive owned

21 hours ago, stormcracker said:

I just recently went to spain for a week long break and the wife, me and 2 kids took 2 back packs both 10kg each and 2 x 25kg size suitcase in the boot was a squeeze but they fitted

The boot easily fits the weekly shopping ive attached a photo from easter, the eggs were the large type so it might give you an idea of depth

If you need any more info on any aspect of the car just shout

The power and comfort of the car is well worth the small boot
We averaged 33 mpg doing the 3 and half hour journey from house to airport and back

boot.jpg

Cheers for the picture, certain convinced me to have a proper look at a GS450H, so i am going to have a look tomorrow.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links