Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys,

Looking for some advice here....there seems to be some "cloudiness"  or "dullness" on the top half of my speedometer cluster on my IS250. I initially thought I could just clean it up, and bought some meguiars Plastix to clean it up, but that did not help. I now realise the "cloudiness" is probably on the inside of the perspex covering the cluster. When I bought the car I noticed it, but assumed it was on the outside and I could clean it up, but I was wrong. 

Anyway, I contacted about this problem - they recommend I just replace it. It will cost (in your currency) around GBP 60 installed. Not too bad, but I'm not happy about it since I need to do the brakes on the car.

Has anybody else had this problem on a Gen2 IS? I'm worried it will happen to the new perspex covering which I might install. Any comments on this?

Thanks for the feedback - I have two friends who drive IS250's around the same age as mine and they dont have the problem. I'll go ahead and replace it.

It just boggles my mind how the problem occurred in the first place!

No it is very strange as it is essentially a sealed unit, cant see how any damage could happen on the inside unless it has been taken apart at some point? A picture may help

On 5/17/2017 at 7:10 AM, HoodRich said:

Hi guys,

Looking for some advice here....there seems to be some "cloudiness"  or "dullness" on the top half of my speedometer cluster on my IS250. I initially thought I could just clean it up, and bought some meguiars Plastix to clean it up, but that did not help. I now realise the "cloudiness" is probably on the inside of the perspex covering the cluster. When I bought the car I noticed it, but assumed it was on the outside and I could clean it up, but I was wrong. 

Anyway, I contacted about this problem - they recommend I just replace it. It will cost (in your currency) around GBP 60 installed. Not too bad, but I'm not happy about it since I need to do the brakes on the car.

Has anybody else had this problem on a Gen2 IS? I'm worried it will happen to the new perspex covering which I might install. Any comments on this?

Nope never seen that in any car thus far.

Thanks guys - I'll try to get a picture to you guys this weekend.

I'll get the perspex front replaced when I take the car for its annual service in September. There is a 30-day turnaround time to order the part from Japan in any event.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I currently use Autogym SRP and then dodo wax (dodo wax was the preferred product in a forum a few years ago and I have continued to use ever since). 

Anyone got any opinions/ feedback....

• 3 months later...

I use Poorboys Black hole polish, then Megs Ultimate liquid wax followed by Poorboys sealant.

For removing swirls, I use Megs Ultimate compound or Poorboys swerl remover.

All used with a Megs V2 DA.

I find the dodo wax scratches the paint if its too hard or applied wrong or it gets excess build up on the pad.

What colour car do you have?