Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS250 F-Sport Build Thread

dougie175

On ‎09‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 7:20 PM, bernieeccles said:

Have a look at this website for 3D printed products that are available and can be made. There may be something that is suitable. Type your required item in the search box and marvel at just what is available. It's an interesting site.

https://www.shapeways.com/

That website has a lot of stuff on it! May enquire if I drew it with dimension if they could produce it hmmmm

46 minutes ago, Vintagesixtysix said:

And you can have a hinged item printed of course if needed on 3D ..... weird but true!

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

Not required on this but interesting to know this 3D printing amazes me

Two years ago I bought a sunshade for use with the BMW Navigator 5 GPS for my BMW motorcycle. The product has been great and exceeded my expectations. At the time I could not find another suitable product so this was my first experience of something that was actually 3D printed. I was very impressed.

• Like 1

No major updates as I have spent the last week and a half gathering information and products for a major detail session, I have pretty much everything in place for it now just need to find the time and weather.

Alongside getting all my products sorted I have decided to get them all organised and tidy so it is easy to complete future valets, I may have taken my OCD to the next level with this one though, colour coded boxes for my different microfiber cloths that I use for different products on and around the car!

5970c4b139878_2017-06-1419_52_55.jpg.2a8f83706707b03487bee7ed86d361f3.jpg

Just saw your phone charging tray - great idea. Not sure if this is any help at this stage but most of the phones I have bought over the years (mainly Galaxy and iPhone) come with a perfectly fitting tray in the box. It might be worth seeing if you can incorporate the tray into your existing set up so it looks like the phone fits perfectly. The tray comes with a lip as well which should help with the installation. 

Below is an Iphone 6S tray and a Galaxy S8 sitting in the tray

WIN_20170615_17_11_16_Pro.jpg.2b8947e7baa9c18ec7e575c1ee90e4aa.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to start this by saying a huge thank you to Rayaans who provided most the knowledge for this routine and recommended most of the products, top advice thanks

If any of you have noticed I have spent the last 2 weeks purchasing and using products to do a major details, so the last 2 weeks I have been removing waxes and getting the paintwork completely clean and bare ready for today. Nice early start got to work for 7am.
After a final wash the car looked something like this:
Washed.jpg.db61261e8b820078591b8a1eab8f70df.jpg
Then it was a complete dry and mask ready for machine polishing, you will notice my car was far from bad condition before I started, but I wanted to give it that extra bit of wow factor you get after a proper detail
Before polishing:
5970c835f2232_Before2.jpg.bf1dd594f395e2a9856b8da9736fe891.jpg
5970c843799bf_Before1.jpg.8260675c00eb172b2e17616a1b4abf3a.jpg
And 7 hours later after 5 hours of machine polishing and 2 hours of Fusso soft 99 triple application she looked something like this:
5970c8513d2a8_After1.jpg.f282d08a25f5e636feef1ac1cd3501d4.jpg
5970c8bbd2710_After2.jpg.afdbf70bf9c4252e0b6c0baf2329a120.jpg
5970c96a5259b_After3.jpg.93c645c2919f1834beb29ac8b9ff3a4a.jpg
5970c97eeb4a5_After4.jpg.289209f737de0acc450fed786efee04b.jpg
Couple of close ups:
5970c98ebe83a_After5.jpg.7ccd26e053dee1fd75e7d5141b245dda.jpg
5970c99e94a10_After6.jpg.8d77d9dce26ddc0157a847af7da53920.jpg

And 1 for good luck just because I love the look of my car from this distant angle:
Distant.jpg.584e0a570b4132000decd831c86eca2a.jpg

Anyone thinking of trying Fusso Soft99 it really does seem as good as all the hype it gets and another top tip given by Rayaans was the IPA which makes polish removal not only easier but so much more clinical you can confidently say no scratches are coming back as what you see is what you get no fillers used and you know the bare paint in ready to have the Fusso sealant applied with no contaminants between the wax and the paint
This was one of those jobs I was dreading and once I was about 3 hours in really started to wonder if it was really worth all the time and effort but now it’s done I’m so glad its sorted and looks fantastic, nice and simple to keep clean and looks great with weekly washes.
I will upload a beading video soon as requested but may take a day or 2 as need to spend some time with the little nipper over the weekend now, fortunately I got chance to write this as she’s taking a nap he he

• Like 5

Nice work there buddy, the paint looks really well now. Was defo worth putting the effort in and no doubt will make the weekly wash easier too.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Farqui said:

Nice work there buddy, the paint looks really well now. Was defo worth putting the effort in and no doubt will make the weekly wash easier too.

Thanks mate yeah the paint work certainly looks better than most of the "newer" cars on my estate now, i touched in every stone chip as well today which has made all the difference too

• Like 1

Just seen this now. A great job there and the paint certainly reflects well. It's a shame there's not much sun around! 

A beading pic is an absolute must!  How many coats of fusso did you end up putting in the end? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rayaans said:

Just seen this now. A great job there and the paint certainly reflects well. It's a shame there's not much sun around! 

A beading pic is an absolute must!  How many coats of fusso did you end up putting in the end? 

Yeah sunny days are few and far between up here!

A beading video/pic will come soon I promise. 

I gave the whole car 2 good coats. The applicator i bought and keeping it slightly damp allowed the fusso to spread very nicely and i didn't get hand cramp for once when applying wax which was nice!

On 2017-6-25 at 7:46 AM, dougie175 said:

Yeah sunny days are few and far between up here!

A beading video/pic will come soon I promise. 

I gave the whole car 2 good coats. The applicator i bought and keeping it slightly damp allowed the fusso to spread very nicely and i didn't get hand cramp for once when applying wax which was nice!

I might have to get one of those applicators - I just use those cheap 99p for 12 yellow sponge ones but they can be a pain - especially when doing my RX

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

I might have to get one of those applicators - I just use those cheap 99p for 12 yellow sponge ones but they can be a pain - especially when doing my RX

Yeah that puck and applicator pad are superb makes applying a thin layer nice and easy and the best bit is that I don't get hand cramps using it, no idea what it is about applying wax with a sponge but my hand start to really hurt after a couple of minutes.

If you buying anything from Auto Finesse they do the same thing but in black as far as the puck goes so may cut down on postage if you are buying something anyway

Haven't been able to get a video of beading with the hose pipe as it hasn't stopped raining but nipped out in the rain to get some photos of the beading just now.

The fusso makes much smaller water droplets on the car than my previous waxes have (I'm guessing smaller beads are a good thing???) never been very up on beading but can certainly tell the car has protection on again compare to last week when the paint was essentially bare.

1 thing I have noticed with Fusso is just how glossy the paint "feels" HD Wax felt almost sticky compared, with the Fusso you hand just glides and slips off the panel

Here is how the beading currently look under some drizzle:

5970c9c9409ba_2017-06-2719_33.27-1.jpg.6cb701e489d2f3af44524dc19622b2b9.jpg

5970c9d8f2389_2017-06-2719_33.31-1.jpg.292a3ac550e9d7bec290776abd6b0b65.jpg

5970c9eb0e80e_2017-06-2719_33.45-1.jpg.086faa0fd2eab1d4defc0324217c0c78.jpg

5970ca0fabdbc_2017-06-2719_33.51-1.jpg.f44e39477f2c55fbaecb8784a7ec991b.jpg

• Like 2

Looks great Robb :cool:

Another thumbs-up here for Fusso Soft99. Did some research after seeing it mentioned on LOC by Rayaans and did the AMG and Corrado with it a couple of weeks ago. Considering the blistering sunshine I was applying it in, it went on, and buffed up, really really easily.

• Like 1

That slippery feel is due to the PTFE silicon gubbins in the Fusso, and yeah, the beads can be really small and tightly-grouped. The ones that rest on the roof can almost look like a layer of frost from a distance.

I find that the car stays cleaner between washes when Fusso is on top as the dirt and rainwater just rolls off the back of the car once you get moving, especially if you treat the rear window with something equally hydrophobic. When my car is "dirty", it's usually just the wheels and the top of the rear bumper that have any noticeable grime. Oh yeah, plus dead bugs at this time of year. :dry:

Anyway, nice work on the detail. I was planning on doing the full works on my own car this week since I'm off work but the weather hasn't been kind, and doesn't look like getting much better in the coming days so I knocked that idea on the head and decided just to give my 3 months-old coat of Fusso a top-up.

Yesterday afternoon was dry and calm so I accomplished this with a basic wash and then a layer of Dodo Juice Diamond White. It was only a 30ml sample pot  I got but there's still enough left for another 3 coats easy, plus I think I'm sold on the idea of shelling out for a full-size tub now as I'm quite impressed. It went on and buffed-off very easily, and added some much-needed depth and shine to my silver paint, plus it has a delicious coconut smell! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TigerFish said:

Looks great Robb :cool:

Another thumbs-up here for Fusso Soft99. Did some research after seeing it mentioned on LOC by Rayaans and did the AMG and Corrado with it a couple of weeks ago. Considering the blistering sunshine I was applying it in, it went on, and buffed up, really really easily.

Thanks very much. Yeah easy to work with and so far so good the best wax/sealant I have ever used, cant believe how cheap it is compared to most, looking at what I have used I have enough to last a lifetime!

6 minutes ago, J Henderson said:

That slippery feel is due to the PTFE silicon gubbins in the Fusso, and yeah, the beads can be really small and tightly-grouped. The ones that rest on the roof can almost look like a layer of frost from a distance.

I find that the car stays cleaner between washes when Fusso is on top as the dirt and rainwater just rolls off the back of the car once you get moving, especially if you treat the rear window with something equally hydrophobic. When my car is "dirty", it's usually just the wheels and the top of the rear bumper that have any noticeable grime. Oh yeah, plus dead bugs at this time of year. :dry:

Anyway, nice work on the detail. I was planning on doing the full works on my own car this week since I'm off work but the weather hasn't been kind, and doesn't look like getting much better in the coming days so I knocked that idea on the head and decided just to give my 3 months-old coat of Fusso a top-up.

Yesterday afternoon was dry and calm so I accomplished this with a basic wash and then a layer of Dodo Juice White Diamond. It was only a 30ml sample pot  I got but there's still enough left for another 3 coats easy, plus I think I'm sold on the idea of shelling out for a full-size tub now as I'm quite impressed. It went on and buffed-off very easily, and added some much-needed depth and shine to my silver paint, plus it has a delicious coconut smell! 

Hehe it was those PTFE silicone gubbins I had to be careful with at work getting those floating round the workshop is every painters nightmare! Yeah fingers crossed the Fusso makes cleaning a breeze I like washing my car with the least amount of touching possible to avoid scratches and swirls so if fusso means most of the dirt just comes off with the snow foam that's even better.

3 minutes ago, dougie175 said:

Thanks very much. Yeah easy to work with and so far so good the best wax/sealant I have ever used, cant believe how cheap it is compared to most, looking at what I have used I have enough to last a lifetime!

Yeah, must admit, it is great value for money and should last an age. Been a user of Sonax BSD for a longtime, I think between the Fusso and Sonax, keeping the protection and finish sorted will be simple.

• Like 1

BTW, speaking of applicators, I used one of these yesterday....

finger-applicators(1).jpg

...and it was such a pleasure. It was especially useful at dipping into a sample-sized pot and no hand cramps whatsoever. It fitted really snugly over 3 fingers so no gripping the hell out of something you are scared to drop on the ground. :yes:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J Henderson said:

BTW, speaking of applicators, I used one of these yesterday....

finger-applicators(1).jpg

...and it was such a pleasure. It was especially useful at dipping into a sample-sized pot and no hand cramps whatsoever. It fitted really snugly over 3 fingers so no gripping the hell out of something you are scared to drop on the ground. :yes:

Thats a good shout :thumbsup:

On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 7:52 PM, dougie175 said:

Haven't been able to get a video of beading with the hose pipe as it hasn't stopped raining but nipped out in the rain to get some photos of the beading just now.

The fusso makes much smaller water droplets on the car than my previous waxes have (I'm guessing smaller beads are a good thing???) never been very up on beading but can certainly tell the car has protection on again compare to last week when the paint was essentially bare.

1 thing I have noticed with Fusso is just how glossy the paint "feels" HD Wax felt almost sticky compared, with the Fusso you hand just glides and slips off the panel

Here is how the beading currently look under some drizzle:

5970ca6012de4_2017-06-2719_33.27-1.jpg.7d41e98334374a5dcc19b2e6d0336ec3.jpg

5970ca715cebc_2017-06-2719_33.31-1.jpg.b64ac94413ab4a3e740a463795b864a2.jpg

5970ca7d87398_2017-06-2719_33.45-1.jpg.6b0b2284dfd3144bc484b23b58a894e6.jpg

5970ca8fcf9f2_2017-06-2719_33.51-1.jpg.f2de78aef362f78ea54494c9eb432950.jpg

Lol that's nothing yet. Wait till it rains properly or you try washing it. The shampoo will have a difficult time staying on!

• Like 1

Ok well Photobucket have royally screwed my thread this morning with them deciding to stop supporting 3rd party hosting overnight unless I play their $399.99 ransom! Needless to say I wont be doing that but will do everything I can to restore the thread back to a working order with photos. Cant do anything this weekend as I am on a stag doo all weekend but give me a week or so and it will be back up and running!

• Like 1