Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS250 F-Sport Build Thread

dougie175

4 minutes ago, rayaans said:

I think Barkeepers friend is one way to remove these coatings and certainly the only way thats worked for me in the past.

I've tried it this evening not sure it's removed it though I'm thinking either trying it with the machine polisher. Or I'm told ceriglass or other cerium oxide based polishes should make light work of removal. Every other gtechniq product has been fantastic but wish I'd never gone near the G1!

10 minutes ago, dougie175 said:

I've tried it this evening not sure it's removed it though I'm thinking either trying it with the machine polisher. Or I'm told ceriglass or other cerium oxide based polishes should make light work of removal. Every other gtechniq product has been fantastic but wish I'd never gone near the G1!

Well, how glass sealant works is by going into the pores of the glass so yes, using Cerium Oxide which removed a layer of the glass will certainly remove it.

Having said that, Id just try Barkeepers friend a few times until its gone rather than polishing glass - only done it once but it takes the pure mick

12 hours ago, rayaans said:

Well, how glass sealant works is by going into the pores of the glass so yes, using Cerium Oxide which removed a layer of the glass will certainly remove it.

Having said that, Id just try Barkeepers friend a few times until its gone rather than polishing glass - only done it once but it takes the pure mick

Gave the screen another really good do with the Bar Keepers Friend and it does seem to have shifted it, at least there isn't much hydrophobic beading going on now at least, however the wipers are still smearing, basically the wipers go over and leave a haze that evaporates after about 2 seconds.

I'm guessing some of the G1 is on the wiper blades! No idea how I am going to get it off them as they are brand new fitted spesifically with the G1, sounds like another £20 down the drain on top!

1 hour ago, dougie175 said:

Gave the screen another really good do with the Bar Keepers Friend and it does seem to have shifted it, at least there isn't much hydrophobic beading going on now at least, however the wipers are still smearing, basically the wipers go over and leave a haze that evaporates after about 2 seconds.

I'm guessing some of the G1 is on the wiper blades! No idea how I am going to get it off them as they are brand new fitted spesifically with the G1, sounds like another £20 down the drain on top!

Try IPA on wipers first.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Try IPA on wipers first.

Yeah I have tried already doesn't seem to make a difference, will continue to give the screen a couple more doo's with BKF to make sure its 100% removed, then try cleaning the wipers a few times and see if ti makes a difference

On 14/08/2017 at 0:53 PM, rayaans said:

I did try this back in the day when I was a fool!

It made a smeary mess.... and was removed the next day

Not had this issue. Maybe it needs to be a certain type and I was lucky?

I have noticed it prone to water marking, recently, so I'd like to try the G1 in the future.

5 minutes ago, Comedian said:

Not had this issue. Maybe it needs to be a certain type and I was lucky?

I have noticed it prone to water marking, recently, so I'd like to try the G1 in the future.

1 Word.... Don't

Don't use G1?

Not been properly following this thread. I did do my side windows and rear with a carlack version and that's been good. I elected not to use a semi-permanent solution on the windscreen which is why I used the wax to good effect.

3 minutes ago, Comedian said:

Don't use G1?

Not been properly following this thread. I did do my side windows and rear with a carlack version and that's been good. I elected not to use a semi-permanent solution on the windscreen which is why I used the wax to good effect.

Yeah don’t use G1 on your windscreen mate I wish I had never touched the stuff, works a treat on the sides and rear screen though.

If you want a gtechniq none permanent solution to try on the screen G5 is a much better ideal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well today is a very sad day. Stuck the Lexus up for sale this morning and sale agreed less then 5 hours later with a deposit taken!

Happy to say it is going to someone who happens to be a forum member so at least I know it is going to another enthusiast and you can all follow the progress further if the buyer makes any changes!

I will miss this car so much it has been by far the best car I have ever owned all hope is not lost though as I do aim to find myself in an RX or NX in the future just can't afford one at the moment!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Thanks Robb...

I've left a deposit today and I'm over the moon! 

The advert just popped up and I made the most impulsive decision in years today! 

Like I said to Robb, I only had a kidney transplant few weeks ago and life has already shown me to live for your dreams and desires.

thanks again and long live Lexus!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, lex28 said:

Thanks Robb...

I've left a deposit today and I'm over the moon! 

The advert just popped up and I made the most impulsive decision in years today! 

Like I said to Robb, I only had a kidney transplant few weeks ago and life has already shown me to live for your dreams and desires.

thanks again and long live Lexus!

I'm sure others will agree it's a great decision. Fingers crossed you get the all clear on the surgery soon.

8 minutes ago, Farqui said:

Someone is getting a very fine steed and I'm glad it'll be staying on the forum.

So Rob, how are you getting on with your baby friendly machine?

Yeah I'm glad its staying on the forum. I won't lie I'll be gutted with every new picture that appears when it isn't in my drive but that's life. 

I'm getting there slowly done a couple of jobs to make it a bit more "me" not going to lie it isn't half the car the Lexus is but it is more suited to a baby or 2! Plus the wife likes being sat up high in it. 

It's had the emissions recall done though and after speaking with the local master tech at the dealership that will be coming off and it would be rude not to remap at the same time!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dougie175 said:

I'm sure others will agree it's a great decision. Fingers crossed you get the all clear on the surgery soon.

Ditto on both points. Nice to see it remain in the club as well.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Seems Dougie's old car is alive and kicking,mot'd till Oct 2020 and taxed till December 2020,so must have been repaired and put back on the road 🤔

Omg just seen the above thread after so long..

it was myself who bought the car of Robb back in 2017.

It was involved in a full front extensive damage after going 40mph into a van who pulled out in front of me and I have no chance to swerve past it..absolutely the saddest days of my driving life..

the car was untouched or modified from the day I bought it off Robb, always kept pristine clean and driven with absolute pleasure.

infact, it took me months and months to get over what had happened, and pulling the bits of the car as it was declared a write off was liking burying a loved one. Most will know the work put in by Rob and how it become one of the finest IS250 F-sport in the country. 

There won’t be any pictures shown of the damage as I still can’t bare to see her like that..only 2 plus points of the whole nightmare was, I got paid out nearly 98% what I paid for the car and secondly my 7 month pregnant wife wasn’t in the car at the time. 

I am glad to see it back on the road again, if she is, it’s a shame I only got to experience this one off art machine for only under 2 years, but she went hands down as the best car I ever had and wanted. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links