Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS250 F-Sport Build Thread

dougie175

4 minutes ago, Farqui said:

Ooh, yeah that's a big'un.

Thanks for the link, quick fitting is handy. As is a double opener.

Haha, 'roofbox geek'. But you've gotta do the research right.

Yeah its a good size! No unmanageable though, I think even a short arse like me could install it myself without a second person, I wont be trying however due to risk of scratching but if you had an old banger and didn't mind if the box touched the car you could easy install this box on your tod.

Yeah I'm sure I'm like most if I want any reasonably big purchase I spend far too long doing my research reading reviews and opinions before making the purchase, I'm someone who's happy to spend that bit more than I wanted to get the product right first time

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farqui said:

I'm the same pal and research to the 9th degree (mostly).

And that's how you ended up with the GS450H I'm sure!

Ever miss the Honda? The Lexus is a superior car in every way possible but I do see FN2's driving past and feel the love

• Like 1

Hmmm, good point about the GS - very observant!

I miss the Honda a teenie bit but don't miss spannerin' (out of choice, to mod/improve).

Correct, the Lexus is fantabulous in every way. Comfort and oodles of power on tap is very nice!!! I like the quiet, sleeper style of the GS too.

I clocked a CW FN2 at lunchtime and took a moment to take it on properly.

Do you miss yours?

Just for reference made a list of the current mods which I will update as time goes on, helps me keep up with what I have done

Exterior:

Smooth rear diffuser

Colour coded upper rear screen spoiler

Moulded rear Wald style boot lid spoiler

Rhino lip front splitter

F-Sport boot badge

Rear windows tinted

Osram Xenarc Cool Blue Xenon upgrade bulbs

Genuine Roof Rack and Thule Roof Box – for family trips where lots of things are needed for the baby!

Interior:

Po-40 Folding Mirror Module

Custom flat bottom F-Sport blue stitch steering wheel

Nextbase 402-g Dash Cam

Custom blue stitch premium floor matts with F-Sport badges

F-Sport Gear Knob
Arm rest wireless charger

Underline skirt kit

F-sport clutch pedal added to foot brake pedal to match F-sport pedal set

Interior trims wrapped in carbon fiber with F-Sport badges

Rubber boot liner

Engine:

F-Sport lower airbox mod
3is Sound Creator intake pipe

Custom welded electronic QTP Slimline Exhaust Valve

Suspension:

Meister R coilovers

SPC Front and Rear camber correct kit

Wheels:

Japan Racing JR18 19” in Hyper Black with custom Lexus centre caps for Summer

Genuine F-Sport 18” wheels refurbished in chrome shadow for winter

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Farqui said:

Hmmm, good point about the GS - very observant!

I miss the Honda a teenie bit but don't miss spannerin' (out of choice, to mod/improve).

Correct, the Lexus is fantabulous in every way. Comfort and oodles of power on tap is very nice!!! I like the quiet, sleeper style of the GS too.

I clocked a CW FN2 at lunchtime and took a moment to take it on properly.

Do you miss yours?

For pretty much all the same reasons as yourself no I don't miss it, but yeah sometimes I miss "fun" of driving the civic

I find GS is much more pleasant to drive and handles suprisingly well for a big old barge. The double wishbone front/multilink rear works really well. You'd be hard pressed to tell it has 18" alloys too.

The Civic was too firm for me really on coilovers, tho we did eventually get it almost bearable. Long trips to Belgium were easy but the GS covers the miles in style. Cobbled roads aren't avoided anymore.

I know what you mean about fun tho, I had some great fast drives over the Peaks in the Honda. The Accord Type R brakes were epic on the smaller car.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Farqui said:

Your IS has coilovers right, so must be pretty fun when you want some fun?

The IS handles better than the civic to be honest but because of this and how calm and composed it is kind of takes the "fun" out of going out for some "fun", the IS250 doesn't have enough power to loose its composure really its a very calm and relax experience even when giving it some

• Like 2

All images should be back up and running hosted on the forum itself so providing the forum doesn't go down neither will the images!

Updates to follow when I get more time and money!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Farqui said:

I bet. It must have been harder on your back than blending the rear spoiler - they both look great btw!

Yeah neither were easy jobs but excavating the driveway by hand was a killer

• Like 3

On 7/13/2017 at 9:43 PM, dougie175 said:

Just for reference made a list of the current mods which I will update as time goes on, helps me keep up with what I have done

Exterior:

Smooth rear diffuser

Colour coded upper rear screen spoiler

Moulded rear Wald style boot lid spoiler

Rhino lip front splitter

F-Sport boot badge

Rear windows tinted

Osram Xenarc Cool Blue Xenon upgrade bulbs

Genuine Roof Rack and Thule Roof Box – for family trips where lots of things are needed for the baby!

Interior:

Po-40 Folding Mirror Module

Custom flat bottom F-Sport blue stitch steering wheel

Nextbase 402-g Dash Cam

Custom blue stitch premium floor matts with F-Sport badges

F-Sport Gear Knob
Arm rest wireless charger

Underline skirt kit

F-sport clutch pedal added to foot brake pedal to match F-sport pedal set

Interior trims wrapped in carbon fiber with F-Sport badges

Rubber boot liner

Engine:

F-Sport lower airbox mod
3is Sound Creator intake pipe

Custom welded electronic QTP Slimline Exhaust Valve

Suspension:

Meister R coilovers

SPC Front and Rear camber correct kit

Wheels:

Japan Racing JR18 19” in Hyper Black with custom Lexus centre caps for Summer

Genuine F-Sport 18” wheels refurbished in chrome shadow for winter

A very impressive list and a good idea to take stock of progress to date. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Neil E said:

A very impressive list and a good idea to take stock of progress to date. 

Yeah its handy, I've done it on all my previous cars, comes in very handy when you come to sell the car too!

How does this affect your insurance do you think? They always ask if the car has been modified so I assume this will bump insurance costs....

2 minutes ago, bobmc said:

How does this affect your insurance do you think? They always ask if the car has been modified so I assume this will bump insurance costs....

I have a modified car policy through Adrian Flux so no issues with declaring modifications. To be honest my insurance is cheaper with AF declaring mods than the standard car was with general insurance companies. 

• Like 1

Managed to get a few hours spare this weekend so decided to give my wheels a coat of Gtechniq C5 as recommended by Rayaans

The job actually took quite a lot longer than I expected but just for the finish alone this stuff leave on the wheels it was worth it, it does need to stay dry for 12 hours and as it poured down all weekend here I decided to leave the car in work all weekend, so removed it this morning and took a few photos, just waiting for them to get dirty and have a bash at cleaning them now, but the lovely wet look they have for now looks superb I hope it continues.

I removed all 4 wheels and cleaned them inside and out, then panel wiped them down inside and out before applying the C5, not a hard job by any means but very time consuming!

1 of the wheels removed and being cleaned:

5975c1db7b26e_2017-07-2208_46_51.thumb.jpg.7e0ba64b8fbb2fe3f6ed1ab79f33b35c.jpg

This morning after 48 hours of drying car put back out of the garage and ready for whatever can be thrown at the wheels hopefully!

5975c1de54c5c_2017-07-2408_04_59.thumb.jpg.c3c9fcd4537596b7ea98c5fbe226b4c3.jpg

5975c1e1e3243_2017-07-2408_05_04.thumb.jpg.cae6052c0e1468c2d1d97dc329d7d0e7.jpg

5975c1e452d2b_2017-07-2408_05_10.thumb.jpg.9646135c39ba1cc9f31e2757b166c172.jpg

Excuse the dirty car obviously I couldn't wash it as I couldn't get the wheels wet!

I will update as time goes on as to how I find the Gtechniq C5 and also the new cleaning brush I have bought!

• Like 4

Just now, Neil E said:

I do like the wheels but I think you may have over-cooked the roof spoiler. :biggrin: 

Ha gave good shout! It came off this evening finally. Need to get a holiday booked so i can actually use it for what it is intended for now!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links