Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Search For The Perfect Exhaust

Cheers folks. The system was built by http://www.stgperformance.co.uk/ and cost £850. I did a taster session at Silverstone late last year and the exhaust didn't cause me any issues with the db limit even with the valve open. 

It's made tunnels and multistorey car parks a lot more enjoyable :cool:

• Like 2

I had mine made at Infiniti exhausts, basically you tell him what you want and he makes it, very very good fabricator, i had the rear section replaced on mine keeping the secondary cats, sounds absolutely great, had loads of comments, yes it does drone a bit at 1900-2000 rpm but it doesnt really bother me, even after 600 miles.

All stainless, £500, bargain..............

P1000447.JPG

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Mark6pot said:

Stop already, I'm not jealous, constantly watching isf aftermarket exhaust clips on YouTube from last August lol

Ha ha, I did exactly the same, surprising how different they all sound,

47 minutes ago, Mark6pot said:

Just had a wee look at there website and I think they fabricate headers also.

Will have a better look later.

Are you going for headers with high flow cats Giblet eventually.

He does some awesome work. Saw some tasty projects being worked on during my trips there. Sadly no high flow cats for me as the car is for sale. I have moved on to a new toy - 

1A6386DF-B289-4E25-B030-DC0C1E50B91D_zps

44 minutes ago, Mark G said:

I had mine made at Infiniti exhausts, basically you tell him what you want and he makes it, very very good fabricator, i had the rear section replaced on mine keeping the secondary cats, sounds absolutely great, had loads of comments, yes it does drone a bit at 1900-2000 rpm but it doesnt really bother me, even after 600 miles.

All stainless, £500, bargain..............

P1000447.JPG

I had the secondary cats removed on mine, no issues with drone and passed an MOT fine with Lexus Leeds. 

40 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

Both systems sound great and good value, Haywards and Scott catback is £1,140 with the VAT. I'm sure very good but not worth the extra compared to these two?

Probably not. If all built from similar quality stainless steel then it's all down to tone folk prefer.

20 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

The whole exhaust thing gives me a headache!

@Flytvr You really must find something else to sniff you know, I thought you partial to all that high hills welsh fresh air, you know where I mean the bit without your mates on here, what do you say @Rusty Crobar 😂

Big Rat

• Like 2

10 hours ago, emjay82 said:

Both systems sound great and good value, Haywards and Scott catback is £1,140 with the VAT. I'm sure very good but not worth the extra compared to these two?

I called H&S before I went with the local option and they quoted me nearly £1500 for the same system, the price difference and logistics made it a no brainer to stay local.  

9 hours ago, Flytvr said:

The whole exhaust thing gives me a headache!

I spent ages looking at different systems, reading endless reviews/posts and watching hours of videos on YouTube. In the end I decided I liked the Joe Z one but after shipping and import duties it would have been over £2000. X Force do a copy with built in valves on the backboxes but they aren't sold over here and the European stockists were utterly useless. I rang the office in Germany several times and was never even give a price let alone a lead time.  

8 hours ago, Big Rat said:

This Australian bloke went the expensive route for his exhaust but my God it sounds good

The Novel setup is a work of art but dear lord that price is almost equal to the value of the car!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, GibletPH said:

I called H&S before I went with the local option and they quoted me nearly £1500 for the same system, the price difference and logistics made it a no brainer to stay local.  

I spent ages looking at different systems, reading endless reviews/posts and watching hours of videos on YouTube. In the end I decided I liked the Joe Z one but after shipping and import duties it would have been over £2000. X Force do a copy with built in valves on the backboxes but they aren't sold over here and the European stockists were utterly useless. I rang the office in Germany several times and was never even give a price let alone a lead time.  

The Novel setup is a work of art but dear lord that price is almost equal to the value of the car!

Yep the Novel system with there headers makes the isf sound a lot more than what it is, gives it a exotic hyper car sound.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mark6pot said:

Yep the Novel system with there headers makes the isf sound a lot more than what it is, gives it a exotic hyper car sound.

Headers look like a work of art. I can understand why they are so expensive!

1 hour ago, Flytvr said:

So, @Big Rat was posting Volvo stuff the other day. How about this Yamaha / Volvo for sound!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4Vh0eidjUg

I love Volvos!

That sounds great, a rare Q car.

Have you been messing about with your profile??You look like Jose Mourinho:whistling1:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mark G said:

Have you been messing about with your profile??You look like Jose Mourinho:whistling1:

Is he a rugby player?

Yeh, I almost bought one before the F. My current Volvo snotter's mileage is getting a bit high and I'd be tempted by the S80 V8. So rare. To be honest, I'm a bit nervous that the F might never get taken out of my garage! Today, F is at AV8 - again!!! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark G said:

@Mark G You could be right there Mark this was @Flytvr Davis face when they said initially his steering wasn't covered by the warranty 😂IMG_0322.JPG

Did a deal on the car today but the exhaust is being switched back to stock. Shame really given how sweet it sounds but the trade in price stays the same regardless of stock or aftermarket. 

I guess the custom exhaust will find its way to an auction site near you soon :wink3:

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links