Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Average MPG average for CT 200h

KCRL

Although, why is the MPG consistently higher in 2014 in almost all months compared to 2015? Was it hotter in 2014 or something?

Or....... was it cautious new car syndrome? :P

I've had my 11 plate Premier for a few weeks and I've achieved 65mpg over 250 miles.. Driving extremely conservatively and going no more than 58mph on dual-carriageways (sorry other road users). 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, rayaans said:

Although, why is the MPG consistently higher in 2014 in almost all months compared to 2015? Was it hotter in 2014 or something?

No idea for the difference.  It could have been warmer weather, or maybe I made a more conscious effort to drive economically.   

20 hours ago, rayaans said:

An interesting observation... looking at the Fuelly website, the best years to buy for fuel consumption appears to be 2011. I guess that all the hypermilers must have rushed out to buy the all new CT200H in 2011 or Toyota/ Lexus somehow made the early ones the most economical in order to boost sales? Who knows?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi... As an update to my post of 23rd March I have experimented by ditching ECO mode and running in normal mode.  In truth I don't have too much faith in the accuracy of the MPG display so I've done a few weeks on a 'brim to brim' basis.  Since April 1st I have done 1293 miles and been to the petrol station 4 times and used the car for what I think of as 'real world' motoring -  a combination of shopping trips, Dad's Taxi runs, commuting and one trip to the Peak District for a long weekend over the bank holiday.  I have used in total 122.72 litres of petrol, which equals 26.9984 gallons, so my true fuel consumption works out at 47.89 MPG. 

And I'm happy with that. The performance of the car is a little better in Normal mode, which means that you don't have to accelerate so hard to get up to speed.  Fuel consumption at this level is 1 or 2 MPG less than my last car (Diesel Qashqai) but it's a much nicer place to be in so I can live with that.  I don't drive like I'm driving Miss Daisy, nor am I a lead-footed hooligan so it's going to be difficult to get a better return that the CT200h gives - almost 48MPG from an automatic 1800cc petrol car is quite impressive..

2 hours ago, Capitalmagpie said:

Hi Beau

Good information thanks.

Out of interest how did your real world mileage compare with your MPG display?

Colin

Real world mileage was about 2 MPG worse than the display, but TBH I'm not really sure how the display MPG is calculated. Is it since the engine was last started, perhaps?  Or is it a cumulative figure?  Is it possible to reset the MPG to zero to get a 'fresh' figure? There's a small knob on the speedo that seems to do something to the display when pushed but exactly what, I don't know.  Perhaps someone else can advise??

Rob

The mpg displayed on the instant consumption display is the mpg since last fuel up. It resets automatically. The mpg by itself can be reset by holding the display button on the steering wheel when on that screen. The knob on the speedo just seems to alternate the mileage trips between a, b or total mileage. Holding it resets the trip a or b mileage depending on which one is on display when you do it.

I've just filled up for the second time and got 51.8 mpg by my calculations. The trip was showing 54.6 for the same tankful.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a new CT200h for 25 months, during that time I covered 38,000km (23,612m) and it returned 61mpg Ave. Including 2 trips to uk and around northern Europe, also trips to Dresden and Slovenia.

The IS 'Mr. Jingles,' is now 16 months old, has 22,244km (13,861m) on the clock and is returning 51mpg Ave. Including 1 trip to uk and 2/3 to northern Europe. I found the CT too hard a ride so changed to the IS. I am happy with the change and with the mpg achieved in both motors.

I use 'Fuelly' and 'Spiritmonitor de.'.

Best wishes.

Michael 

• Like 1

A lot of people tried them. The verdict is  split.

4 minutes ago, mandon75 said:

I haven't tried but does anyone know if premium fuels would help or hinder fuel economy?

Those who believe that paying more for fuel means getting better value say that they get better running smoother response. Those unbelievers say there is no difference.

Premium fuels carry an anti-knock reagent which means that the engine is less likely to pink which means that if it is monitored correctly, it can run leaner before pre-ignition occurs. However, it seems that the CT isnt programmed to sense the fuel which has been put into it and advance its ignition curve and lean off its mixture accordingly., it is simply programmed to run on one grade of fuel ( which isn't premium.)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Certainly my is250 ran better on premium fuel and gave marginally better mpg but in the CT it makes no difference at all. (especially on battery :wink3: )

After 8K I'm still averaging 57mpg so that'll do me nicely thank you.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I just left a ford fiesta 1.6 l turbo diesel and used to accelerate hard, I got 55mpg regularly, 60+ if I used a motorway.

Disappointing with the hybrid mpg so far, 46 after 2 days driving, all I can hope is that the fiesta was wrong on the readout and that the lexus is more accurate,

when i had my Ct i used to average 63 mpg in summer and around 57 mpg in winter

now in my IS i average 48.4 mpg so your low mpg must be related  to your right foot

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 09/04/2016 at 10:06 PM, 200h said:

i always used  dunlop sport maxx rt 215/45/17 tyres as they have the following ratings :-

c - fuel economy

a - wet braking

67dB - road noise

they aren't the cheapest tyre around but they had the best ratings

look into goodyear eagle F1's they have built in rim protectors and have came in the top 2 of most tests carried out on ranges of tyres for grip and braking.