Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

is200 key fob frequency? help needed! :-(

Hi all, hoping someone could help me out! :-) 

I have a v reg is200 that i have had now for years! Its currently off road and has been for a while, but i want to look at fixing it up and getting it back on the road soon, as im not quite ready to get rid yet! 😁.

When i got The car it only came with one master key and, after being used over The years The inevitable has happened And The casing to the  3 button remote fob has snapped :-(. It is currently in pieces and the Battery will not stay on the circuit board unless i hold it in place to unlock The car. The transponder chip itself is intact and i still have The key Blade So can still start The car by turning The key and placing the transponder nearby though. 

I Want To get A new key sorted but dont Want To pay ridiculous lexus dealership prices, so Am looking at buying a blank 3 button remote transponder to program into The car using the old one if i Can! 

I have looked At buying blank units on eBay, ali express etc But There seems to be several different frequencies to choose from And i Cant find This information Anywhere :-(. 

Does Any one know what frequency fob I Would Need to get, and if This Would work To reprogramme it?

Any info appreciated!

Cheers

Adam 

No, its the actual inner unit with the 3 buttons in it that has broken apart :(. The small black transponder chip that turns the immobilisor off is still intact and works, and i can get the 3 button unit to work if i hold the Battery in place on top of the circuit board when pressing the button, so i can still potentially reprogramme a new unit from this i think?  Just need tio know the fequency of the remote :) 

Oh, wait so the green board is broken? or the Black cover bits which go on top of the buttons which are on the board? (Sorry if you said it, I'm just tired and hungry so might of missed it!:P)

You should be able to reprogram the key to your car (you can on the Toyotas of that age so guessing same as Lexus) and can you link me to the key fobs your looking at?

Hopefully someone who might know will see this thread!

Sure :-). Like i said i can still get it to work, but need to get a new remote unit to program. Im looking at buying something like this 

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32486412810.html?aff_click_id=c3443a54055e42eba7c80b0ebdaefed8-1453685191271-01641-ybaEI66Qz&aff_platform=y    433 mhz fequency 

Or

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32323324822.html?aff_click_id=c3443a54055e42eba7c80b0ebdaefed8-1453685191271-01641-ybaEI66Qz&aff_platform=y    304 mhz frequency 

Thanks! 

Adam 

DSC_0322.JPG

No takers then? Oh well :-(.  For anyone that is interested or needs this info in future to sort a new fob, i asked lexus on twitter on the off chance after i didnt get a reply on here and within five mins they told me its a 433mhz frequency remote that i need for an is200. :)

Cheers 

Adam

Cheers