Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ECU on Turbo IS200

Piggyback ECU on a Turbo IS200.

Just driven back form Jamsport in Northampton where they fitted and set up the EMU piggyback ECU. A big thanks to them for getting it done in the day and their excellent service. Has come out at 261 BHP at 9 Psi and 280ft/lb Torque so safe levels for power and reliability.

If you are still running the standard ECU on a Turbo, you should seriously consider getting it done, it is like driving a different car and by having the fuelling set correctly, a far more reliable one too.

A really good company and knowledgeable guys too. Looking forward to getting to know the car better now.

• 4 months later...
On 3/15/2016 at 10:06 PM, andyk134 said:

Piggyback ECU on a Turbo IS200.

Just driven back form Jamsport in Northampton where they fitted and set up the EMU piggyback ECU. A big thanks to them for getting it done in the day and their excellent service. Has come out at 261 BHP at 9 Psi and 280ft/lb Torque so safe levels for power and reliability.

If you are still running the standard ECU on a Turbo, you should seriously consider getting it done, it is like driving a different car and by having the fuelling set correctly, a far more reliable one too.

A really good company and knowledgeable guys too. Looking forward to getting to know the car better now.

Awesome, sounds like a nice job. I've been hearing a few things about the digi tuner 3's they seem fantastic for peanuts! 

What else are you running with regards to fuelling, and was there much faffing to get the ecu working before mapping i.e trigger wheel & sensors?

for the price there is no excuse to uses standard electronics anymore 

Hi Ben,

strangely the map they did at Jamsport wasn't a very good one and the car is now a bugger to start, has rubbish tick over, feels like a kangeroo at low throttle and over fuelled. So I am taking it back to the guy who fitted my turbo to remap it. He used to use Jamsport but also found they didn't really have the best set up and now maps it himself which makes it a far better drive. The piggyback is cheap and is very good if set up right, so mapping is everything with them. I am no mechanic, but they just wire the piggyback in and then set it up and map it, it seems very straight forward. They did change the firing sequence from one after the other to 2 banks of 3 firing together as they said that helped. Speak to Simon Squint Souster at MJS in Ipswich as he is the expert in turbos and ecu's. Cheers 

• 7 months later...

Speak to Simon first I am sure there are people closer to home if he isn't up that way. I am looking to sell mine now as I cant justify keeping it as I hardly use it.