Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Installing door speaker

I am just wondering if you guys have thought that the standard gracenote speaker has one bad experience to rear passenger, there are no door speakers..... I have tuned the position to be a bit rear but still there are lack of sound for rear cabin, anyone has installed the door speaker and any advices ??? Thanks :)

Do you have the premium nav?

The rear does have door speakers in all IS300h's. You'll probably be missing the subwoofer in the back though if you dont have premium nav which is why it'll sound as it does. Either that or your rear speakers arent working.

12 hours ago, joachim_tang said:

What I mean is that the standard speaker doesn't have the speaker near the door handle leading to less sound hear from rear cabin.

Yes but that speaker has very little power anyway. It's just a tweeter type speaker. The real sound should be coming from the bottom door speakers and subwoofer at the back 

Yea I agree what you said :) what I experience now is that there are sound at the rear cabin but most from the foot speaker, and once passengers sitting behind, all they hear mostly from the front and a bit of under, no sound coming out from the door handle and no sound coming out at the middle range of rear cabin. That's why I want to fit a pair in and have better sound performance to rear cabin

if you want to add an extra tune up speaker to your system i would buy the piece of trim that holds the tweeter,

as this will maintain the factory fit look of the car and stop it looking like a tatty upgrade.

just been looking and found these small tweeters

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262298340974?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

just take the time when fitting anything you buy to give it the factory look.

if i where to fit these i would fit the grill into a panel and fit the tweeter to the door

this way the door panel could be removed without having cables looping across the

void between the inner door and the door panel.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links