Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Electrical help

paul_tomo

Hi guys, long story short, my car got stolen with the keys from by house by some little scum bags, my car has been recoverd but the keys haven't,  I have replaced ecu (matching number to my cars one) along with key chip and transponder I have also got the anti theft box to replace (haven't fitted yet), my car is running with a jump start but it feels like it's in some sort of limp mode ( no power in it at all ) also nothing electrical is working ie lights front and rear, speedo, locking system absolutely nothing is working, would this be down to the Battery being dead ( just on way out to replace now) or could it be something else?? Thanks in advance guys

Paul

Just a quick up date, I have fitted new Battery, the anti theft box, the body ecu (in the fuse box in drivers side kick panel) replaced fuses under bonnet that had blown, car is running fine now engine wise but still the dash and all electronics are not working still, I don't know if this would cause it but the scum who took it had locked the car with the fob and left so I have had to have a locksmith open the car so only drivers door is open the rest is on lock down, I'm close to just spending £5 of fuel and a few pence on some good matches ha has anyone got any ideas?

Finally think I have found the problem after spending 2.85 on a voltage checker, I have found that the alternator fuse (120 amp) has blown even tho it doesn't look like it has gone there is a slight break in it, I put the tester over the break for a slight second and every thing has came back on perfect, the fuse is a pain to track down no body seams to stock them even lexus have to order them in, I know 2 scrap yards have got some is200s in so I will be down there tomorrow to scavenge a fuse or 2