Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can someone please confirm tyre sizes for me

dougie175

I am looking at upgrading to 19x8.5 ET35 front alloys and 19x9.5 ET35 rears

Can someone please confirm what size tyres will keep my rolling radius as close to original as possible, I also want to avoid stretch as much as possible, not sure if I am going to have an issue with clearance with those sizes and offset?

Currently the car is just on F-Sport suspension however I will be looking at lowering slightly more with some Mesiter R Europa Coilovers, which are supposed to be as comfortable as the stock suspension but with the ability to go lower to get a slightly sportier appearance with the bigger alloys

Thank You in advance

9 minutes ago, Venator said:

https://tiresize.com/calculator/

http://www.autopartuk.com/tyre-calculator/

And this one will show what your real speed vs your speedo display.

Hope it helps

Thanks mate, you don't know what width the standard F-Sport 18" alloys are do you so I can work out what my original setup radius is?

15 minutes ago, Kodiak Sky said:

Stock wheels are 8x18 et45 F / 8.5x18 et50 R with 225/40-18 & 255/40-18 rubber.

Thank you very much confirmed my research!

I'm really struggling to work out what size tyre I can fit though without rubbing.

My setup will be:

The alloys I am looking to run will be:
19x8.5 ET35 Front
19x9.5 ET35 Rear

Will be looking at very slight drop on the suspension when the coilovers go in but far from low.
What size tyres can I run safely without the need to do any arch work, ideally I would like to avoid too much stretch, but understand due to the difference in rim width and offset some may be required.

19x8.5 ET35 225/35-19 Front

19x9.5 ET35 255/35-19 Rear

That seems to have minimal difference to the impact on the radius for the speedo and such, will these sizes be ok with no rubbing and safe to use?

Yep, those would be a pretty safe bet. They'll be stretched slightly, but not a ridiculous amount and the amount of stretch should be pretty equal on both axles. It's also worth remembering that the brand of tyres you fit can also have an influence as some of them are wider than others (despite being the same size) due to some makes having more rounded-off or square-looking shoulders.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kodiak Sky said:

Yep, those would be a pretty safe bet. They'll be stretched slightly, but not a ridiculous amount and the amount of stretch should be pretty equal on both axles. It's also worth remembering that the brand of tyres you fit can also have an influence as some of them are wider than others (despite being the same size) due to some makes having more rounded-off or square-looking shoulders.

Thanks mate really appreciate the feedback

I'm thinking Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's as they are very well priced for this sizes and rated at C for fuel A for wet grip and only 69db for road noise

Any ideas what sort of shoulders the Goodyears have?

What would be a better setup on the rear 225/35-19 or go for a 235/30-19? The 265's will be a massive jump up in price, but will it be a huge improvement I'm guessing not at only 10mm wider?

I've never ran the Goodyears myself, but they seem very popular with other forum members so I'm sure someone can chime in.

235 on the front shouldn't be a problem. I run a 235/40 on the front of my car as I really disliked how much smaller the front tyre looked compared to the rear. My only concern there would be dropping to a 30 profile sidewall and having a huge gap in the wheel arch, but since you're going with coilovers that shouldn't be an issue. :happy:

On the rear I doubt you'll feel that extra 10mm worth of grip very often.