Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Roof Lining - IS300h

• 2 months later...

Quick update.  Got my car back today with a complete new roof lining installed.  It's taken a while as I had to wait until there was a period of time where my dealer could have my car for a long period to investigate the issue and I was away on holiday for a while in May.

The faulty liner was first removed and had to be looked at by Lexus GB, to see if it was a manufacturing fault with either the car or the lining itself.  This took a few days.  No fault was found as the 'lump' appeared to be caused by water/moisture.  A previous post suggests it may have been from the cleaning - this is probably right.

Anyway, as no fault was found I'm guessing (based on what the dealer said) that Lexus GB wouldn't pay for a new liner.

Full marks for Lexus Lincoln (Listers) for fitting the new one and doing a great job.  Took a while to complete (they had the car over a week) as it required the windscreen to be removed to get the new liner in place.  They also delivered the car back to me in Sheffield to prevent the need for me to drive almost an hour each way.

It's easy to say that the car should never have been delivered to me with the lump in the roof in the first place, but I didn't even spot it at first (how often do you look up at the roof from the drivers seat).  It was my first rear-seat passenger that spotted the fault.

2 hours ago, DJP said:

Glad it's sorted. If it wasn't faulty did you have stump up or the dealer for selling it like that to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be a pretty easy thing to miss as the inspection is done first and the valeting done just before the customer collects.

Therefore it might not have been there and developed a little while later.

Although no fault was found, Lexus UK will still have to pay for it as its a warranty job.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links