Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

If you are thinking of changing the Cabin/Pollen filter here is a mini guide on how to do it.

Remember to put the a/c system into "recirculate" mode. If you have done this the lid over the filter will be up when you remove the cover at the back of the glovebox.

On no account try to force up the cover to get at the filter ... you will damage the selector levers and it is either very time consuming and fiddly to repair, or will cost ££££'s at Lexus.

If its not up...turn the ignition 'ON' and select recirculate ... you should see the cover lid lift up to reveal the filter.

10 - 20 minute job. Fiddliest bit is removing the shelf bits in the glovebox compartment.

The picture should make it all clear.

Pollen filter removal.jpg

• Like 6

So many people damage the filter cover by not knowing the correct procedure, and as you say it will be a real pain to fix, making this a great post. I've saved the diagram and will print off a copy to put in the glove box if/when I ever sell my IS250.

• Like 2

That's a really good idea! Pay the greatness of this forum forward to the future owner.  

I'm going to do this too...  Although there's little chance of me selling mine anytime soon! 

Great original post normski. I'll have a crack at doing mine soon. 

2 hours ago, Wisty said:

That's a really good idea! Pay the greatness of this forum forward to the future owner.  

I'm going to do this too...  Although there's little chance of me selling mine anytime soon! 

Great original post normski. I'll have a crack at doing mine soon. 

I do mine pretty much every 12 months or so. You can pick them up at reasonable prices too. eBay have had them for as little as £6.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Just found this useful youtube video so thought I'd share it. Ignoring the dialogue ... this demonstrates the lifting of the lid (covering the cabin filter) when you select "recirculate button"

The view you get through the glove-box is somewhat different but you'll get the gist of it. The whole glove-box front has been removed for the video.

I changed mine just last week along with the oil and filter and air filter. At 24000 miles it wasn't due but I had the day free so decided to do a mini service. The old cabin filter was as clean as the new filter. I think every 30k is probably overkill but it's a doddle to change.

The air filter on the other hand was black and definitely needed a change. In fact I'll be changing it every 12 months in future.

20 minutes ago, Farqui said:

Might the pollen filter only have been included on certain spec's?

I find that hard to believe on a supposed luxury car.

My Alfa and Vectra had pollen filters and I'm going back 14 years with the Vectra.

As far as I know, all second gen IS's, including the 220d, have pollen filters.  The only difference in this regard that I am aware of is that the IS250's has an auto air circulation feature that the 220d doesn't.

• Like 1

Looks like I got that one totally wrong then 😳😳

As shahpor pointed out, maybe I got confused with the air circulation feature. 

Lol think I'll stick to baking cakes.

• Like 1

OOh .... Lemon Drizzle please :smile:

Anyone who hasn't made a little mistake stand over there in Line A ....  the one that is empty!!

Don't worry about it ... it's how we learn. It's what I tell myself anyway! Heaven knows I've made loads and learnt loads.

Can you imagine the mess my cake would turn out like!

Lemon cake, mmm.

I made a lemon meringue cake a while back with lemon curd filling:

20160921_182827.jpg20160921_182729.jpg

A bit too sweet, but not bad overall.

Sorry for the thread hijack, but I am unnecessarily proud of it considering it was my first ever cake. :smile:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Verbout said:

:oops:Sorry, I've logged onto Mumsnet by mistake, I'll try again later:lol:

now then now then ..... you must be a member there then? Strange.

Who doesn't like a nice bit of cake now and then?

40 minutes ago, normski2 said:

now then now then ..... you must be a member there then? Strange.

Who doesn't like a nice bit of cake now and then?

I like a bit of genoa cake, it must have been very sticky.