Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It appears to have been "unstuck". Anyway, here it is;

Owner Recommendations - Parts

@normski2 yep, the 068 is what I've ordered. I had to ignore inputting my reg number and just manually search for one as ECP's default choice for an IS250 has the terminals the wrong way round, or they're the right way round, but at the "front" of the Battery.

• Like 1

It appears to have been "unstuck". Anyway, here it is;
Owner Recommendations - Parts
[mention=37315]normski2[/mention] yep, the 068 is what I've ordered. I had to ignore inputting my reg number and just manually search for one as ECP's default choice for an IS250 has the terminals the wrong way round, or they're the right way round, but at the "front" of the battery.

Thanks [emoji1303]

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

Just dug this post out as my original Panasonic Battery is on the way out, plates are starting to sulphate and the voltage is down so I need to replace before it fails, not bad for nine years though.

On my first trawl Ive seen the Yuasa HSB 030, 75Ah & 640cca. I know Yuasa are quality batteries so I'm happy with the make has anyone tried one yet? With my Halfords trade card I can get it for £78.40 with a five year gaurantee which sounds reasonable.

11 hours ago, Fishboy said:

Just dug this post out as my original Panasonic battery is on the way out, plates are starting to sulphate and the voltage is down so I need to replace before it fails, not bad for nine years though.

On my first trawl Ive seen the Yuasa HSB 030, 75Ah & 640cca. I know Yuasa are quality batteries so I'm happy with the make has anyone tried one yet? With my Halfords trade card I can get it for £78.40 with a five year gaurantee which sounds reasonable.

I don't have any first hand experience of Yuasa batteries myself. But a fair amount of people on the MX5 forum rate them as being very good.

If all the specs for the Yuasa are the same or pretty close..including its physical size and most importantly ... the terminal positions then it should be fine. I changed my Battery last year but opted for the Bosch S4 which was pretty much identical money.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, gonna bump this thread again as I think I need a new Battery. I think three years ago or may be four, I got the original from Lexus for £95 and fitted myself.

Today when starting my car I noticed my folding mirrors did not open, then car did not start, only dials come on. Got jump start, drove home and car did not start. 

Is the Bosch straight fit as I remember when ECP and some 030 031 did not fit and then went Lexus.

Please need to get one ASAP as I am career for my 89 year old father and need the car 😞

Thanks guys. 

Just reserved the Bosch 068 Battery at ECP, but notice the terminals are at the front and + on right side with - on left side.

Do I turn the Battery around so terminals go at the back with + on left side and - on right closest to wing. This is how the current (Toyota) battery is?

also will the Battery clap and whatever holding it fit as normal.

thanks

5FCE0E24-51AE-4A0A-8530-7CE2F3FAFF02.png

That's the correct Battery and as you suggest the terminals go at the back with + nearest the engine and - close to the wing.

It's a fairly tight fit but everything is correct - watch out for the temperature sensor between Battery and engine - you need to disconnect it to get the old Battery out and reconnect it once the new Battery is in place.

• Thanks 1

That's the correct Battery and as you suggest the terminals go at the back with + nearest the engine and - close to the wing.

It's a fairly tight fit but everything is correct - watch out for the temperature sensor between Battery and engine - you need to disconnect it to get the old Battery out and reconnect it once the new Battery is in place.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, johnatg said:

That's the correct battery and as you suggest the terminals go at the back with + nearest the engine and - close to the wing.

It's a fairly tight fit but everything is correct - watch out for the temperature sensor between battery and engine - you need to disconnect it to get the old battery out and reconnect it once the new battery is in place.

Thanks John.

Do I still use the old housing (black plastic top) as the Bosch Battery is slightly out of dimensions as you say tight fit.

There was one at Halfords that matched the same sort of dimensions: https://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&categoryId=165762&langId=-1&productId=734751&storeId=10001

Yuasa HSB075 Silver 12V Car Battery 5 Year Guarantee

19 hours ago, Ishaq said:

Hi guys, gonna bump this thread again as I think I need a new battery. I think three years ago or may be four, I got the original from Lexus for £95 and fitted myself.

Ishaq,

If you changed the Battery only three or four years ago, is it not still under warranty?

John

4 minutes ago, OldTrout said:

Ishaq,

If you changed the battery only three or four years ago, is it not still under warranty?

John

Thought the same, found the paperwork and it was February 2014 so five years ago (how time flys). 

I thought battery’s should last 8-10 years as the scheduled time on my car maintenance is showing 2021 after I resent it when I put the old Battery in.

Thanks guys, all good with the Bosch S4 and for £75 at ECP (price matched) I’m really happy.

also fit was straight forward and easy. Thanks John.

• 10 months later...

Hi everyone, I am now working from home and the lack of driving has revealed that my 8 year old Battery needs replacing. I shall fit a new 068 Battery, but one question - is there a recommended order for reconnecting the terminals. My gut feeling is -ve first, but that’s not a good basis for this kind of decision. Thanks,

You should connect +ve first (and disconnect it last) in case you accidentally touch the body with the spanner. Harmless if - ve not connected.

Sent from my PSP7551DUO using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Double check, even Triple check the terminals are indeed + & - when connecting as it is a world of pain if reversed on these car!

On 4/4/2020 at 10:44 AM, johnatg said:

in case you accidentally touch the body with the spanner. 

I still remember the sparks and the loosening in my bowels when I did that as a pimply faced youth on my mum's Suzuki SC100....

On 4/4/2020 at 10:44 AM, johnatg said:

You should connect +ve first (and disconnect it last) in case you accidentally touch the body with the spanner. Harmless if - ve not connected.

New Battery fitted successfully and everything working as it should be.

I didn't realise the old Battery lived inside a plastic "cover" that housed the temperature sensor until I took it out. Obviously very important that only the correct Battery is used as I doubt the cover would have fitted any other Battery.

The acid in the old Battery was down to the minimum level indicator. It had provided good service though - 8 years and 160,000 miles. New Battery is the Bosch one recommended on here by various posters.

• Like 1