26 minutes ago, cowtc said:

Lexus warranty is only 12 months for the battery

That's a bit poor I feel. 

I guess that is two separate things - one is warranty for works carried on, the other is warranty on the part. As above battery itself would have 3 years, but I am not very sure how you go about claiming it...

• Like 1

Another vote for the Bosch/Varta S4 battery .  The Bosch/Varta has a greater CCA than many others at the same specification and the warranty is good.   I had a Lion battery from EuroCarParts and they tested it at 35 months and replaced it without a grumble. On this car I opted for the S4  and hope not to have to test the water re warranty befor I go to the darkside/ Lexus IS Hybrid :-).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 999101999 said:

befor I go to the darkside/ Lexus IS Hybrid :-).

As long as it is 450h+ it is fine :biggrin:

On 11/5/2017 at 3:28 PM, 999101999 said:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/Lexus/IS

Linas.P,   Lexus IS 300h F Sport  Is my first choice :-)  Have to wait and see what's occurring this time next year.

To be honest I think it is great replacement for IS220d i.e. IS300h can be considered an upgrade when coming from IS220d (or 200d), but myself looking from IS250 perspective I was really disappointed with the car.

Haven't driven one yet but I don't exactly drive round at any pace, often overtaken by Smart cars, do all my rushing around when deployed and lots of noise and flashy lights :-).  A 300 hybrid will be good for me at a leisurely pace I think :-)

On 04/11/2017 at 4:48 PM, Linas.P said:

I guess that is two separate things - one is warranty for works carried on, the other is warranty on the part. As above battery itself would have 3 years, but I am not very sure how you go about claiming it...

I double checked this and you're right. Battery itself is 3 year guarantee.  Works 12 months 

• Like 1

I decided to go for the battery change at Lexus. A few bonuses getting it done there: free hot drink served to you (free biscuits and sweets), can check out showroom while you wait, they found my car has a recall required so that is booked in, free car wash. It took about an hour

The recall can be a fuel seal or passenger air bag or maybe both!

paul m.

11 hours ago, Texas said:

The recall can be a fuel seal or passenger air bag or maybe both!

paul m.

Definitely recall on airbag, said its a 4 hour job so will get courtesy car

What about Excide 030 or 031 (post reversed). 4 year. 75Ah and 650 CCA... Does that work for is250?

And what do you guys think of Optima battery? 50Ah but impressive 850CCA? Or the battery is better than the car?

Selecting the correct battery is more to do with size (w x d x h) than anything else. Any 068 battery will do the job - Exide 030 is equivalent (why can't they use the standard numbering system?) but 031 has the terminals the wrong way round.

There's an equivalent Optima battery - at least twice the price of anything else.

Many of us here have had good experiences with Bosch S4026/Varta E23 (they look identical apart from the badge) - other brands are available!

Thanks John. Bosch seems to be 70Ah and 630CCA. Slightly lower spec than Exide which is 75Ah and 650CCA. So might not consider it.

Will check what is the spec of exisiting Exide Battery that came with Lexus from Factory.

I think it very unlikely that it came with an Exide from the factory. I would have expected it to be a Yuasa or Panasonic - can anyone who bought a new IS250 remember what the original was? Or maybe it's still fitted?

I will check mine once I get a chance. One thing I remember for sure is that it is not SLA battery. One can top it off if required.

Pretty sure it came with it, strangely.

Likewise I'll check what mine is because I'm Pretty sure the battery in my 2007, 37k miles IS is still the original from the factory and back when I got the car in Aug this year I took the battery out and topped up the electrolyte with pure water before leaving it on charge for a while on an intelligent charger because it was turning over a bit sluggish for my liking. All cells needed topping up as they were on or just below minimum so hopefully I have rescued it and it will last a bit longer, one thing I do remember about the battery when I had it out was that it was not a branded aftermarket one and had Japanese writing on it!

paul m

On 11/21/2017 at 12:40 AM, jackcramerr said:

And what do you guys think of Optima battery? 50Ah but impressive 850CCA? Or the battery is better than the car?

On 11/21/2017 at 12:33 AM, jackcramerr said:

What about Excide 030 or 031 (post reversed). 4 year. 75Ah and 650 CCA... Does that work for is250?

I tend to believe both are good, but the problem is there are nowhere to source them from in UK for reasonable price. £72 for Bosch S4 is steal and is simply not matched by any other battery on the market.

Yes, but what is the price? Surely not £72...

So here is you answer, they "might be equal", but even then 30% extra would clearly weight towards Bosch. If Exide or Optima would be like £65, then it woudl make sense to try.

Bit late to this thread.  The Panasonic battery in my Yaris lasted 16years.  I know it probably takes less hammer but suggests that, as with cars, the Japanese know something about reliability when it comes to manufacturing batteries.  On that basis is there a suitable Yuasa (Panasonic don't seem to be available aftermarket).