Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hey to all fellow Lexus owners. I would just like to share my shock of today as I can not quite believe it. I am a regular at my Lexus dealer and go there for everything. Probably have spent almost £3000 there in the past year alone. So my car has developed the dreaded headlight spontaneously going off. A quick flip of the lights switch to off and back on and the light comes back on fine. That's until it goes off again a few minutes later. After researching this on here I see that it is fairly common and can mean one of two things. Bulb on the way out or ballast needs replacing. 

Simple way to check it said was to change the headlights over and if the fault moves sides it's obviously the bulb etc. So I just contacted my dealer explaining this and also telling them that whether it turns out to be the bulb or the ballast I will of course be having the work done with them and would they mind swapping my bulbs over so I can diagnose what the problem is. 

That's when they inform me if that it will cost me £114 for them to just swap bulbs over to try it out.

This comes a month after I ordered 2 number plates from them for £20 and they wanted £50 more to fit them! Needless to say I fitted them myself.

Does loyalty count for nothing? I know they are there to make money but all this seems a trifle too much!

HID Light failed while away in devon went to Lexus exeter. didnt have bulb so ordered for next morning . Then fitted while waited  charged £5 for fitting (+ cost of bulb)

Can't fault my dealer (Bolton)

I took mine for a service on Tuesday. I also ask if they could check the wheel alignment and as I'd changed the rear callipers, I asked them to check the brakes & bleed if required.

I was offered coffee by three different people.

They lent me a brand new IS300h (we now know not to buy one), gave me a little bag with an apple, chocolate biscuit and bottle of water, for the journey home (30 miles) They text me to let me know my car was ready and the receptionist phoned me too.

When I arrived back I was offered more coffee. The service (intermediate) was £199, so I was expecting a bill of around £300 but no, just £199. I asked if they done the other stuff, they said all checked and good to go.

I never got that sort of service from BMW, well done Lexus Bolton.

7 minutes ago, AmbroseJohn said:

Can't fault my dealer (Bolton)

I took mine for a service on Tuesday. I also ask if they could check the wheel alignment and as I'd changed the rear callipers, I asked them to check the brakes & bleed if required.

I was offered coffee by three different people.

They lent me a brand new IS300h (we now know not to buy one), gave me a little bag with an apple, chocolate biscuit and bottle of water, for the journey home (30 miles) They text me to let me know my car was ready and the receptionist phoned me too.

When I arrived back I was offered more coffee. The service (intermediate) was £199, so I was expecting a bill of around £300 but no, just £199. I asked if they done the other stuff, they said all checked and good to go.

I never got that sort of service from BMW, well done Lexus Bolton.

Interesting about the IS300h. It's a car I've seriously considered but have never driven one as yet. What is it about them that you don't like?

40 minutes ago, Fig said:

HID Light failed while away in devon went to Lexus exeter. didnt have bulb so ordered for next morning . Then fitted while waited  charged £5 for fitting (+ cost of bulb)

exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for when I spend so much there. Mine would be quite happy charging an hours labour for such things!

4 minutes ago, gareth1902 said:

Interesting about the IS300h. It's a car I've seriously considered but have never driven one as yet. What is it about them that you don't like?

If you like your GS450h you'd hate it. It's very cramped and when you press the accelerator, nothing happens. :)

I don't drive fast these days but I really missed the GSs acceleration. Just spoilt I suppose. 

6 minutes ago, AmbroseJohn said:

If you like your GS450h you'd hate it. It's very cramped and when you press the accelerator, nothing happens. :)

I don't drive fast these days but I really missed the GSs acceleration. Just spoilt I suppose. 

Many thanks for that. I obviously knew that it wouldn't be like the GS450h for power but didn't realise that it was that unresponsive. Thought the fuel and tax savings may outweigh the loss of power but now you've mentioned that......

think i'll stick with what I got!

Cheers all the best!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links