Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Plenty of ISFs advertised now

I certainly don't think the value of them will go down much if at all. Just saying he criteria for them to go up is hard to foresee with the isf. It needs a strong demand and i don't believe there is strong demand for them. They are still an unknown car to the masses and as long as they remain that way they won't appreciate. 

Yes it's always a tough one, I tried to reacquaint EVO Magazine, they amongst others ran one on their long term fleet in 2008.

Emailed them 10 days or so before the last little Kemble meet to see if they would be interested, no reply not surprised it was a shot in the dark.

My point is if we listed all the mags, and on line mags and made a concerted effort to make contact with inviting them to meets and so on it's a start,anyone on here in these industries who could contribute?

Big Rat

• Like 3

I'm not sure prices will increase any time soon, great cars but like many I didn't know they existed and most mainstream reviews such as top gear/fifth gear have generally pointed buyers in the direction of the M3 etc. Personally I'm very happy with my discovery but I think numbers would need to fall further and/or awareness increase for prices to hold/increase. Its obviously a limited market for the ISF and those selling close to 100,000 miles have to price competitively if they want to sell relatively quickly. Low mileage examples will obviously hold their value better and be more desirable.

Would be very cool to have a magazine feature @Big Rat

• Like 1

I was photographing a wedding back in the Summer. The groom had a Porsche Cayman. I thought it was a nice car, and noted that it was a GT4. Now at that point I had no idea that the GT4 was such a desirable car. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is that although I am a petrol head and x Porsche owner, I didn't have good enough knowledge to know what a GT4 was. I'm guessing more people know what a GT4 is than an IS-F.

Funny thing is that the groom asked me what I drove. I said "I drive the Lexus equivalent to an AMG 63 / BMW M3". His reply was "A Lexus IS-F?". Proper petrol head.

GT4

gt4.jpg

• Like 2

When I bought my E46 CSL M3 in 2004 people would say so it's got a plastic roof sounds a bit better but it's got a s... gearbox.

Try and get a decent one now for less than 40K.

And in recent years people have raved about them, ah well I'm happy 😊 

Big Rat

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flytvr said:

At another wedding, the groom was a Subaru petrol head. I parked the IS-F next to his Scooby. He loved it, but had no idea what it was.

isf.jpg

Never seen it so clean 😂

Big Rat

• Like 1

I think the problem is that they are just too rare and only people who are properly into their cars know they exist.

On top of that they don't have the heritage and previous loyal brand following of the likes of an M3 or AMG with it being Lexus's first foray into the high performance market.  Also the reviews weren't anything spectacular when it was released and you barely hear them mentioned in general car forums or car media. 

They have been around for near enough a decade and apart from one at Santa Pod last year mine is the only one I have ever seen in the flesh......never passed a single one on the roads or seen one parked up in all that time. 

Only a few friends and work colleagues knew what it was when I bought it, and loads of so called petrol heads didn't have a clue. 

5 hours ago, Flytvr said:

At another wedding, the groom was a Subaru petrol head. I parked the IS-F next to his Scooby. He loved it, but had no idea what it was.

isf.jpg

My God, its actually clean!!!!! or is it just the way it is catching the light;-)

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

good it's no garage queen though. Way too many nice cars dont get used...

but agreed 130k miles is too many for me. Indeed the 70k odd I've got on mine is the most by far I've ever had on a car.... I think my lexus was built better than my 1979 mini though!

• Like 1

It's the niggly bits that need doing on higher mileage cars that would put me off. I've owned a few well built high mileage cars including a cracking Jaguar XJR and bits like bushes and cam cover seals needed doing after 100k onwards. 

8 hours ago, emjay82 said:

New territory for the ISF at this price range. High mileage but with full service history she should have plenty of life..

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201702182453917?atmobcid=soc3

That's a good price but when I come to buy later in the year, I'd be more likely to choose this at £3,500 more (£16,000) with over 80,000 less on the clock, new tyres all round and a resprayed front end - budget-permitting of course :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/lexus-isf-2008-black-not-m3-c63-/162397183205

1 hour ago, Flytvr said:

100k on an ISF would be a psychological boundary for me. Having said that, so much car for so little money.

Same here, as soon as you start looking for your first car/s friends and family would normally advise to look for low mileage and 20 years ago 100,000 probably was old age for an engine. I would find it difficult to buy for this reason alone which is purely psychological. I've always sold my cars before 100,000, thinking a buyer will have the same ideas.

Always difficult to judge from photos the real condition of a car, but I agree the mileage is always going to make most nervous.

There will be some one though I'm sure who will go for it, perhaps the individual has a lot of knowledge of matters mechanical and can judge the car purely on its condition, but as we've discussed before it's the parts prices that would prevent me personally if I was in the market.

But look at it guys that car has done 100k more than mine and the interior appears no worse than mine, and we all know how difficult a tired and damaged one is to rectify.

I think again it's evidence how well they are put together, I can think of two or three German manufacturers with similar ilk cars that if they had that mileage would be complete money pits.

Big Rat

• Like 1

130k on a lexus at that price would not bother as i know these cars are bulletproof (if its been maintained regularly).

If the colour was different that would be with me as i write this message.

Looks like a steal deal for someome looking for a grey one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ronaldo said:

That's a good price but when I come to buy later in the year, I'd be more likely to choose this at £3,500 more (£16,000) with over 80,000 less on the clock, new tyres all round and a resprayed front end - budget-permitting of course :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/lexus-isf-2008-black-not-m3-c63-/162397183205

No so long ago, there was a thread on here about that very vehicle. Thread disappeared. Not sure why.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links