Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Plenty of ISFs advertised now

6 hours ago, ronaldo said:

That's a good price but when I come to buy later in the year, I'd be more likely to choose this at £3,500 more (£16,000) with over 80,000 less on the clock, new tyres all round and a resprayed front end - budget-permitting of course :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/lexus-isf-2008-black-not-m3-c63-/162397183205

I know for a fact when iv saved the cash for a car like this i will not be able to find one. But i just cant buy a car on the drip no matter how cheap finance is atm. 

On another note i think and i may be wrong but not having 3 seats in the back may also put people of buying them. 

• Like 1

I have found in my opinion a jap car will go on for ever if serviced correctly and not modified. I am not talking about air filter and exhaust mods , but mapping , injectors etc.

Not forgetting the ISF has a lot of forged engine components and i think the car is slighty de tuned , so the end product should last a very long time .

I have had quite a few jap examples and never had any issues with them at all -

2 x Nissan bluebird turbos

2 x toyota supras

Nissan 300zx turbo

2 x nissan Skyline GTR's

4 x subarus

Evo 5

Mitsubishi Shogun

2 x is lexus

• Like 3

This is my first Japanese car, my only other experience of them was an 'x' from some years ago had a Mitsubishi Shogun EVO, the relationship I had with that thing was a lot more interesting that it's owner, it had done something like 190k but really was a good un.

Always fastidiously maintained by an indie in Bristol I do not recall it ever being a problem always got positive comments from those who actually know what they are, wonder were it is now 🤔

Big Rat

• Like 1

This is my 4th Lexus, apart from servicing and tyres i have not had to spend one penny on any of them, absolutely nothing, and a couple of them had plenty miles put on them in a short space of time.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Mark G said:

This is my 4th Lexus, apart from servicing and tyres i have not had to spend one penny on any of them, absolutely nothing, and a couple of them had plenty miles put on them in a short space of time.

Mark what were the others ?

🐀

As far as I know there are only two weak points with the IS-F, the water pump and the steering rack, but at the end of the day it's all luck of the draw. I regularly remind myself that the F is a £60K car, so bills could be big.

1 hour ago, Flytvr said:

As far as I know there are only two weak points with the IS-F, the water pump and the steering rack, but at the end of the day it's all luck of the draw. I regularly remind myself that the F is a £60K car, so bills could be big.

Water pumps yes I agree but they simply weep once replaced seems to be the end of the problem.

Steering racks no that's your fault for frequenting those lovely Welsh driving roads without your 'F' mates in tow you've now paid the price - well Lexus warranty company did - for neglecting us in such a selfish manner so there 😂

Big 🐁Rat

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

Water pumps yes I agree but they simply weep once replaced seems to be the end of the problem.

Steering racks no that's your fault for frequenting those lovely Welsh driving roads without your 'F' mates in tow you've now paid the price - well Lexus warranty company did - for neglecting us in such a selfish manner so there 😂

Big 🐁Rat

I fully admit to not taking my mates on my wonderful trips, but I was concerned you'd spend too much time looking in the mirror trying to decide what wheels to put on :yes:

As for Lexus designing a steering rack made of chocolate, I'm not taking the blame for that!!!! :yes:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

I fully admit to not taking my mates on my wonderful trips, but I was concerned you'd spend too much time looking in the mirror trying to decide what wheels to put on :yes:

As for Lexus designing a steering rack made of chocolate, I'm not taking the blame for that!!!! :yes:

Ok you got me there on both counts matey 😁

🐀

2 hours ago, Big Rat said:

This is my first Japanese car, my only other experience of them was an 'x' from some years ago had a Mitsubishi Shogun EVO, the relationship I had with that thing was a lot more interesting that it's owner, it had done something like 190k but really was a good un.

Always fastidiously maintained by an indie in Bristol I do not recall it ever being a problem always got positive comments from those who actually know what they are, wonder were it is now 🤔

Big Rat

Always had a thing for these but never been in one, what was it like? 

They just seemed to look right, little over 320 bhp if memory serves me right 3.5V6 24v think they were all silver ours was an auto which really suited it as well don't know if that was standard or not.

You just needed remember the high centre of gravity !

Not our car it was a P reg just the same though 👍

Big Rat

IMG_0318.JPG

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, ronaldo said:

Some good value options listed today on Autotrader. Unfortunately I'm not in a position to buy - YET!!!

Keep the faith fella, do what I did :)

. Check down the back of sofa 

. Sold wife's Hanbag collection on the bay 

.Cancelled wife's girlie weekends

. Gave up drinking Guinness 

Ok the last one is a bear faced lie 😂

🐀

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

Keep the faith fella, do what I did :)

. Check down the back of sofa 

. Sold wife's Hanbag collection on the bay 

.Cancelled wife's girlie weekends

. Gave up drinking Guinness 

Ok the last one is a bear faced lie 😂

🐀

Or just wait for the prices to fall even further.

Make sure you account for the cost of ownership, not just the purchase price. It will cost you a fortune in coffee, cake, Michelin accommodation in Wales and fast food from motorway service stations on route to these meets 😁 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Big Rat said:

@emjay82

Yeah but that cost list pales into insignificance to the mental health rehab fees you're gonna need for watching that band singing you posted on the Ace Cafe thread 😂

🐀

You mean Lexus Band, they're a class act 🐀 and available for birthdays, weddings and special stag party performances 😳 

2 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

You mean Lexus Band, they're a class act 🐀 and available for birthdays, weddings and special stag party performances 😳 

It's still not Moloko 🤓

🐀

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎19‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 5:27 PM, Big Rat said:

Mark what were the others ?

🐀

Only just seen this question @Big Rat

2007 RX350 great car, colour was Champagne

2008 IS220d good but 6th gear was useless below 80mph, fuel consumption was rubbish as well. Colour was.........................................silver.......................

2010 IS250F Sport great car. looked the business, a bit underpowered, in Ultra Blue.................naturally...............

As I said all 3 were used everyday and the RX and IS diesel had a lot of miles in a short space of time and not one penny had to be spent on them, not even a bulb needed replacing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mark G said:

Only just seen this question @Big Rat

2007 RX350 great car, colour was Champagne

2008 IS220d good but 6th gear was useless below 80mph, fuel consumption was rubbish as well. Colour was.........................................silver.......................

2010 IS250F Sport great car. looked the business, a bit underpowered, in Ultra Blue.................naturally...............

As I said all 3 were used everyday and the RX and IS diesel had a lot of miles in a short space of time and not one penny had to be spent on them, not even a bulb needed replacing.

@Mark G

No probs Matey, interesting if you did have the need for a second car would you consider a later nx/rx ?

Big Rat

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

@Mark G

No probs Matey, interesting if you did have the need for a second car would you consider a later nx/rx ?

Big Rat

I do run a second car, as a day to day car I have a Honda Civic 1.6 Sport , not quite sure where the Sport bit comes in, great car, cheap to run and super reliable keeping the ISF for weekends etc, but to answer your question I would consider one at the right money when I am ready to change.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mark G said:

I do run a second car, as a day to day car I have a Honda Civic 1.6 Sport , not quite sure where the Sport bit comes in, great car, cheap to run and super reliable keeping the ISF for weekends etc, but to answer your question I would consider one at the right money when I am ready to change.

@Mark G

Yes the small Hondas are good cars if looked after, the Sport comes in because the car was driven by someone wearing trainers once 😂

Big Rat

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links