Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Don't really know why I am asking the question really......I mean, I've been around Lexus from day one

But i see the ISF prices are tumbling now, and wondering if I should move back to the Brand to fill my garage with a new toy

been running an RS4 now for a couple of years and to be honest, other than a couple of niggles, that were sorted by Audi really do love the car, so is it time to go for an ISF....

the only thing that I think will put me off is the gearbox, I like manual cars!

sell it to me

Auto gearbox in full slushy goodness for when you just want to waft about...

...epic paddle shift with quick changes and hilarious blips on the down-change for when you don't. 

8 speed auto with paddles ... And when it was released in 2008 it was the fastest changing auto on the market.... 

RS4 is a good car ...i had one for a month... I had my ISF for 5 years ... And never once had to open the bonnet except for washer fluid 

I dont need to sell it... You need to buy it... Ps...im in an RCF now after and raid return having strayed to a jag xfr... Lexus all tge way...

Reliable, exclusive, wolf in sheeps, so much more fun than 4x drive quattro, reliable, good value,reliable and reliable 

• Like 2

Interesting to hear prices are dropping over here. 

It's the opposite over in the States. Now that the ECU has been cracked, the tuning scene is seeing prices go up, not down. :wallbash:

Guess the lack of interest in tuning the F over here is responsible for that.

Still, great news for anyone looking to buy one. 

Great cars in so many ways. If you haven't driven one, you really should. :thumbsup:

I don't think prices are dropping. Its just that there are a few for sale at the moment with high millage 90-100k.

Cars with low or reasonable mileage are still up for what i paid for Mine coming up 2 years ago. 

Yes Stu. :cool:

Tune is only adding around 20-30hp, but cars with I/H/E and the tune are getting over 500whp now. :yahoo:

RR-Racing are also looking into a supercharger kit, which can now be tuned to get good returns.

I'm hoping 650-700 will be possible without risking the reliability.

Won't happen overnight, but it's progressing along nicely. :thumbsup:

That's big gains with no mods on a N/A car. So almost 200hp at the fly with map and full exhaust with intake. Beast car. Will the map be available in the UK. Hope so for UK owners. 

10 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

That's big gains with no mods on a N/A car. So almost 200hp at the fly with map and full exhaust with intake. Beast car. Will the map be available in the UK. Hope so for UK owners. 

Yes chap, tune will be available for UK F'er's.

Initially you had to remove your ECU, and mail it to them to bench programme. Now they are tweaking a handheld solution that you plug into your OBD2 port. Will mean new tunes can be emailed to buyers at no additional costs to load up as things progress. :thumbup1:

The next big milestone will be their supercharger kit.

Exciting times! :yahoo:

why an F? Well its not an audi or bmw was a key point for me. Rare indeed. Rad, not four so it'll be much more fun to drive imo. Getting a bit of slip at the back and balancing it is a wonderful feeling. Not clarkson drifting, just a touch of yaw to get the car out of the corner.

its not a coincidence that all supercars now how paddle shift. The isf was one of the leaders at this sort of pay grade.

they are not immune to going wrong because nothing is but on the whole they are solid. Get one. You'll love it.

• Like 1

My previous two cars were Audi A4(B7) Quattros, a V6 then a V8 S4. Both great cars, especially the S4 which I loved, and my local dealer was one of the best garages I have ever used.  Unfortunately I got to know them a little too well with over £10k+ worth of bills between both of the cars over a 2 year period, due to a design flaw and a manufacturing fault. The first was the timing chain tension slider issue with the V6, an engine out job, which I subsequently found out is also an issue for the V8 (S4/RS4). The second was for a replacement Tiptronic gearbox whose inbuilt cooling system sprang a leak inside the box into the gearbox oil. Audi were great and I wouldnt have been so quick to sell the S4 if there hadn't been the possibilty of the chain tension slider issue occuring with the V8.  So as Im sure you can appreciate the pretty bomb proof nature of the ISF appealed, together with its rarity and the fact that most people haven't got a clue what its capable of.

I would test drive one without a doubt. It would be interesting to here how you think they compare. I loved the confidence the quattro gave but understandably I found there was less feel through the steering than RWD ISF provides. My S4 however had a 50/50 split in the 4 wheel drive not the 40/60 split you have in the RS4. 

The 8 speed auto makes the ISF a real Jekyl & Hyde car.  A relaxing and relatively frugal (for a V8) cruiser when you want and a sharp responsive weapon when you drive it in sport.  I think its a brilliant car!!.

If you love a manual box I'm not sure any paddle shift gearbox will give the same satisfaction as a manual. Paddles however are definately quicker - being able to make snap decisions when the opportunity arrises which would be missed in the time it takes you to move your arm!. Its horses for courses!!

Let us know what you think/decide either way.  Fun times ahead!!

Talking about economy, a few weeks ago I had to travel up to Birmingham from Southampton. I wasn't in any hurry at all and was way outside rush hour, or any form of traffic whatsoever. I set the cruise at 60mph, and had the most boring drive I've had in a long time.

The result, after approximately 320 miles of steady cruising - an indicated 37.7mpg, which (on refilling the tank, brim-to-brim) gave an actual 35.5mpg. 

Astonishing, really...

mrfunex, that is quite incredible, I do a lot of motorway but obviosly dont have your restraint in the right foot department, the lure of the M6 toll road blast is to much for me :blink: I am a complete geek so I log my fuel usage religiously, the best I have seen is an actual 32.5mpg average on a tank which I was impressed with. Overall overage is 26.64 which I still think is respectable. It even compares relatively favourably to my Audi S3 which in two years of ownership left me with an average of 31.82mpg. Cant really put them in the same league despite the Audi putting out 406bhp, the Lexus is other worldly by comparison.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for all the replies, i think a test drive is going to be needed,

im not overly fussed about high mileage aslong as the car has history, my RS4 had 120,000 on the clock with full ASH and nothing has gone wrong on it, and its had a few good runs to germany and back