Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Centre Console Audio & Video Media Player

Would someone please measure the interior dimensions of the centre console of their RC200t, R300h or RC-F

Why, you might ask? Well mine hasn't been delivered, and its a 20 mile round trip to my dealer to measure the demo. Because, in preparation for delivery of my new RC300h I am building a media player for audio and video that will plug into the 12v Lighter for power, 1 of the USBs for audio storage access and the 4 pole A/V for video. So I just need to know what the max L X W X H for a rectangular box to fit in the centre console, whilst still allowing access to the OEM sockets at the front.

Based on my experience with other lexus/Toyotas, I think the build will need;

Hardware - IPad Mini, 64GB Flash Drive, HDMI to RCA Converter and Project box to fit everything in, plus a wireless storage device like Seagate Wireless Plus

Cables - apple Lightning to HDMI&USB, Lightning charging cable, USB Female to 2xmale (1 power, one data for the iPad), HDMI cable, RCA to 4 pole 3.5mm, and Power cable for the 5v Converter.

Without the need to modify the cars wiring looms the above should give me the ability to listen to unlimited music that I own, plus apple Music downloaded to the iPad, and all of my iTunes movies downloaded (and DRM removed) stored on the Wireless Drive.

Once I have one built and tested to prove the concept, I'll post again to see if anyone else would like the build specification and instructions.

Thanks in advance,

James.

NB. I'm an electronics engineer, and on all my previous Lexus/Toyotas I have had this working. Even when not in park, but this requires wiring loom changes and additional switches.

James,

Sizes for your centre console box.

Length 140mm MAX to allow access  to power sockets, back of the console is curved by the main hindge

Height 100mm safely  MAX size is 120mm

Width 125/130mm sides tapered.

Hope this is helpful.

Got my RC 300h F-sport last month. Not many on the roads yet.

All the best.

Iain.

• 7 months later...

After looking at all the options, the conclusion is that an external hard drive connected to the USB will do the job.

I have copied my entire music and movie collection on a 1TB drive and can access all media from the ML System (it did take 30 minutes to sync and sort the files on first install, but is instant thereafter). Also if you want to unlock all the Nav functions and allow your passengers to watch a movie whilst driving install a Beat Sonic NDS6223EP.

If you are using apple Music and /or iTunes downloads you will need to remove the DRM using something like TunesKit, and reduce the size of movies <2Mb using something like Handbrake. Drives will only work when formatted in FAT32, hence the file size.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links