Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

carista obd adaptor help

Rom1

Trying to do some customization's using carista, the adapter I bought off eBay displays the message in pic. I need to know which adapter is known to work with this car.

I don't want to buy the official carista adapter for £40 as there site says can use with cheaper adapter, 

I'm using Nexus 6P phone also tried on samsung galaxy trend phone, get same message. It works ok with the fault reader side of carista and with Torque but not with customization side of the app.

I want to remove reverse beep and turn on coming home lights, My Lexus dealer (Leicester) says it can't be done, I've on here it can.

carista1.JPG

Hi, yes obd is paired and works with carista but only on the diagnostic part of the app, it gives the error in my pic when I try the customization part of the app, it is paired with phone and works with torque as well just not on the customization part on carista. 

this is the adaptor I'm using

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141680322745?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Hmm, I use the exact same adapter just fine with My 2016 CT Sport. All the functionality works.  Try another APP like Torque Pro on android and see if you get the same error. 

i have that adapter but mine is Version 1.5 and not 2.1 so maybe this is the issue

customizations are chargeable ,you have to pay a 1 off fee to get the full package

i have paid and the app is great

• Like 1

I have requested help from carista but no reply yet, works fine on Torque lite and works fine on caristsa diagnostics, just not working on customization side of app.

Could be the adaptor so gong to try another one, are there any adaptors known to work fully with carista?

i use the one you have but ver 1.5 the name ELM327 is the name of the chipset and not

a manufacturers name so there is no reason to pay a higher price thinking you will get a

better adapter as they will be the same.

if you become a beta tester you will get the customizations for free but once the beta testing is over

you will go back to the basic version,for what is costs you're better off paying the small fee.

• Like 1

I don't mind paying a fee to make the changes as long as I have an adaptor that works with carista. Going to try v 1.5 hopefully that gets me in a position where I can pay the app upgrade and make the changes. 

Will report back after trying new adaptor 

something i have noticed is that you can buy a long one or a short one

if you intend on having it plugged in whilst driving you may be better off

with a short one ,some of them have a switch so you can turn the obd2 adapter off

and still leave it plugged in

• Like 1

Not yet, been busy with work, hopefully next week I'll try one, got email from Carista they recommended trying a different adapter as well. will update once tried  

Email from Carista - 

Hello Romil,

Thank you for your interest in Carista. If you see that error message then most likely your OBD device is defective or fake (unless it is the Carista adapter). It is possible that your device does not fully support the ELM327 protocol (it works with other apps or just reading fault codes, but does not fully support the ELM327 standard and Carista cannot communicate the alternations) and perhaps you can try another adapter. Let us know if you have any questions. 

Regards,
Borislava Kaneva
Carista

Rom1, have you bought the full version of the Carista app?

I looked into it before and decided against it because most / all the customizations I wanted to do required me to buy the full version and I decided I did not want to pay for something I would probably only use once.

dont forget DanD you will have the full version for any car manufacturer not just the lexus branding

so if you change brand in the future you will still be able to benifit from the full version.

I've not bought the full version yet as I could not get it to work , once it's working and I can see what can be customised I'll buy it, as said above it can work on other cars, not sure of what it costs asctge website says $20, mainly want to get the reverse beep off and coming home lights on, Lexus Leicester say they can't do 

42 minutes ago, Rom1 said:

I've not bought the full version yet as I could not get it to work , once it's working and I can see what can be customised I'll buy it, as said above it can work on other cars, not sure of what it costs asctge website says $20, mainly want to get the reverse beep off and coming home lights on, Lexus Leicester say they can't do 

if you become a beta tester you will get the customizations for free but once the beta testing is over

you will go back to the basic version,beta testing isn't always available but if it is try before you buy

Update: Tried another OBD adaptor 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281433459879?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Exactly the same issue and error message, this one is the correct recommended one V 1.5 

Any one have any ideas as to what is going on 

maybe go to your lexus dealer and see if they can gain access via the obd2 port incase there is an issue with the port.

Port works fine I can  access with stand alone  obd machine and via adaptor using torque and carista. I just can't access the customised section on carista 

Am i missing something here? Why not just go back to the dealers and get them to do your preferences..... They done mine free of charge. 

They said they can't do tghe reverse beep as it's,safety feature and other adaptions cant be done. That's why I'm trying this route. 

Might have to try the offickL carista adaptor at £40 but no guarantee that's going to work either building up quite a collection of obd adaptors 

4 minutes ago, Rom1 said:

They said they can't do tghe reverse beep as it's,safety feature and other adaptions cant be done. That's why I'm trying this route. 

Might have to try the offickL carista adaptor at £40 but no guarantee that's going to work either building up quite a collection of obd adaptors 

Well Lexus took my reverse beep off....as long as the flashing seat belt light is still working its not against the law, also with a medical exemption you dont have to wear a seat belt and also why is the option there?  My reasoning with my dealer was I am old school and take my seat belt off to reverse and with the seat belt beep going it hinders the rear sensors which beep as well.  Lexus Customer Care said it is ok to do this so I think it is just your dealer being a bit pedantic.

Good luck 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links