Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

............ looks a fine aspen green Mk3 ......  but it looks to be M reg 94 to end Feb 95 coz if it really is December 1995 it would be N reg ! ( see DVLA MOT checker )

Mine is so similar except mine's light grey seats  ...........  Looks a good car with low mileage and years and years ahead of it ( hopes ) .  I would pay near that price if i wanted one like this.

Malc

• Like 1

Nice to see a decent,thorough description for a change. Needs a few little bits done,but she is 21 years old. I was falling apart at 21,and it's been downhill ever since. If I had the cash available I'd be up the M1 like a rat up a drainpipe waving £1000 under his snitch. Only paid half that for each of my previous LS's. One day.

Play in the steering rack on the last mot.  Could be big £?  

im desperate to get into one of these, with so little knowledge around cars, I'd be gutted to double my money on repairing bits.

Don't be scared Mark ................ as i said, I would go4it if i was wanting a Mk3 ............  it's 21 years old and a slight play in anything, well, most cars are at the knackers yard by this time ................  looked after I think this young lady could last you another 21 years  ....  never known slight play in my steering rack, they really aren't known for any problems in this direction at all, might have been an over zealous MOT Tester !

Mine's done 184k miles and costs very little to keep in good form ( 60k miles with me over 5 years, and my 3rd Ls400 in 15 years of constant Ls400 motoring )

Malc

• Like 1

agree with you malc,although i did have soon guides and other things fitted to my steering rack,a few years ago,some play somewhere,i had new discs and pads at same time ,about £650 at the time,really my car costs very little to keep up together,some MOT tester seem to mention all sorts of stuff these days,,some bits seem to repair themselves in between MOTs,this year i had mentions of rust on all sorts of things,i took it to my mechanic ,he said just a bit of surface rust,sometimes these people could put the fear of ***** in to  people,but i know they have to cover themselves in this day and age.

Thanks gents

ive had a brief exchange with the owner, it's a fair distance away, but if I can get some funds in place, possibly by the end of the week, I'm going to look into this one.

theres another in autotrader, at just £1k, in Nottingham (ish), r plate with 140k on.  Front near side wing looks damaged,and I'm sure from past viewing there is a cat d with similar damage, which I'm guessing is just because the cars are such extraordinary low prices.

Nice description, but disagree with him regarding the criticism of the later 5-speed gearbox. Also, not every single LS400 has failed heated front seats. Mine still work perfectly on my mk.4.      All said, I think the car is definitely worth the money he's asking for it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Titch LS said:

Nice description, but disagree with him regarding the criticism of the later 5-speed gearbox. Also, not every single LS400 has failed heated front seats. Mine still work perfectly on my mk.4.      All said, I think the car is definitely worth the money he's asking for it.

From looking on this forum, it's actually not an issue in the mk4 seats, as it appears as though they used different components (although stressing this is just quoting verbatim, I have no actual knowledge!) 

......  it's a usual fact that the Mk3 seat heater fails, usually on the driver's side and it's quite an amazingly expensive job to replace that no-one usually bothers.

The steering column issues are usually in the Mk4. the motors are different from the Mk3

The photos look very good and I would be down there like a shot if i was looking for a Mk3

Malc

• Like 1

I'm a bit restricted physically at the minute as I had an altercation with my 335i, I'd like to think I won, but my chest and left leg from the knee down disagree!

the car itself has been deemed uneconomical to repair, so it's just a ca of waiting for the £ to actually appear.  I may just get it shipped up to me due to the distance if we can agree on a price, and of course it is available

The seat heaters on Mk3's may be a weak spot but there are cars on which they still work.

They work on both my Mk3's, both driver and passenger ones.

• Like 1

That does look a good one. No car that old will be perfect. Personally I would not bother with the heated seats but would want to get the ariel sorted. Seems a genuine advert. If I was still looking I would be paying a visit. I would imagine it will sell quickly if it is as good as the advert says.

Keep us posted if anyone on here ends up buying it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links