Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member saying Hi

Picked her up last weekend from Southampton after trading in my 2007 335i M-Sport.

She is a 2008 with 50k on the clock (Full Lexus Service History).

I absolutely love her.  She is called Lichelle :-)

Apologies for poor photo quality.  She's a little dirty as well as I picked her up in minging weather.

Facebook-20160424-015127.jpg

Facebook-20160424-015142.jpg

Facebook-20160424-015154.jpg

• Like 4

Congratulations. Best colour for them (aside from ultra sonic blue) but then again I am biased as I also own a black 58 with low miles and full main dealer history. 

How does it compare to your 335i? I considered the Alpina B3 before buying the ISF but never got round to viewing or test driving one. 

5 minutes ago, GibletPH said:

Congratulations. Best colour for them (aside from ultra sonic blue) but then again I am biased as I also own a black 58 with low miles and full main dealer history. 

How does it compare to your 335i? I considered the Alpina B3 before buying the ISF but never got round to viewing or test driving one. 

335i had a lovely engine but was way too unreliable.  Had turbo's, injectors and high pressure fuel pump (Well documented weak spots) all replaced under warranty.

I just lost trust in the car and the interior is just too dull even with all the kit in it.

The Lexus just feels a bit more special and obviously has a V8 rather than a twin turbo 3.0L straight 6 which helps :-)

Hi Lee and welcome to the LOC, we are a friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer left over.

We recommend you spend a couple of mins looking over the rules of the LOC, we will be asking questions later.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Regards Mike

• Like 1

Super clean looking car very nice.

Interesting reading about your 335i because we traded the wifes 335i tourer for the isf. Great car to drive and a rare sight but it also had its issues over the three years we owned it. The front spring snapped in half, electric water pump failed , rattly turbo waste gates and rust. Wings were starting to bubble and the inside of the tailgate.

• Like 1

Cracking car, I'm sure you'll have loads of fun - it can be a smooth cruiser or an absolute brute when you fancy it. Black's a stunning colour.

I see you have neighbours. Don't be tempted to get a H&S exhaust. They'll all hate you! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mrfunex said:

I see you have neighbours. Don't be tempted to get a H&S exhaust. They'll all hate you! 

See, this is my only concern. I'm about to collect an ISF in black with a cat-back valved exhaust (one side with last silencer, one side straight past the silencer), and typically I store my car rear first into a single garage. While the neighbours one side aren't there very much and are nearest the garage, the other side (an opposite I imagine) are probably not going to appreciate the cold start.

I'm going to try and get some videos done of my revised H&S system with the X pipe.

Think you guys will be surprised how much difference it has made. :cool:

Absolutely NO drone on motorways now. Seems a bit more responsive with pickup as well?

Will be interesting to see how it gets on with the dyno when I get a chance to take it.

Got a 2 week deadline on at the moment though to finish the seats and gauge install before my photoshoot for Banzai! :yahoo:

Busy fortnight for me! :wink3:

Nice purchase Lee. :thumbs_up:

Looks like a minter to me.

• Like 2

Really think you'll be surprised how much better it can sound with just the addition on an X pipe. :cool:

Best bet would be to have a ride in it to truly appreciate how good it now sounds.

Might start looking at another Bluewater meet once I get the photos done for Banzai.

Be nice to get a few F's together again. :thumbs_up:

Maybe even get a few new faces to join us. :yahoo:

Thanks for the welcomes.

I really am like a pig in s**t with the ISF.  Can't see me getting bored of her but yes...  I have seen a few youtube H&S videos.  One for next year maybe.

All my neighbours are about 90 so probably wouldn't be able to hear the exhaust anyhow ;-)

Excellent another Black F owner. Must be the season to be buying cars, it was really quiet with new owners over winter and now...

Looks great. still very much enjoying mine 3 months down the line.

Hi Lee,

Nice car and welcome to the club. I'm sure time will only improve your view of the car. Had my F for nearly 2 years now and it still surprises me.
Enjoy!!

Pete, looking forward to the video and hearing your revised H&S exhaust!!.

• Like 1

Hi Pete, you have certainly been busy!! Will be worth it when you see your car in print though even if it has added some pressure. 

Looking forward to hearing the revised exhaust setup.