Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello All

I have been enjoying my IS250 for the past 6ish months now. I am not sure if I have been picky but I could hear a slight grinding noise coming from engine when the car is gold. Once temperature is in the middle, its quiet. Wondering if this is normal?

I have been trying to run through a can of BG44k but haven't got a chance yet. Would it rectify the problem?

Thanks

Can you post some more information of the noise .... does it get louder or follow the engine revs at all - have you opened the hood to see if there's any indication of where the sound is coming from.

Mileage?

Is there any white crusting around the water pump?

I doubt the BG44 will have any effect on the noise as this is designed to clean the petrol system etc...

The noise is not there when engine is idling. It only comes when I am accelerating for the first 3-4 miles. This is when I only let it idle for a minute only before starting my journey. If I let it idle for 4-5 mins before starting journey (when cold), there is no noise. 

Mileage is 80k

6 hours ago, Harpreet said:

The noise is not there when engine is idling. It only comes when I am accelerating for the first 3-4 miles. This is when I only let it idle for a minute only before starting my journey. If I let it idle for 4-5 mins before starting journey (when cold), there is no noise. 

Mileage is 80k

It could be the water pump - 80k is around the mileage where these start to fail - ii haven't had one go on mine yet ... maybe someone can help to eliminate the pump if you can describe the noise a bit more..

My money is on brakes.

Check the brake pads and discs. Check the calipers as well.

Grinding noise could be normal as rain water rusts the disc (superficial) and for a mile or two you hear that till pads clean the disc. But check the brakes to be sure its not calipers.

All the callipers are new - Lexus changed them before selling it to me.

the noise is coming from the front on passenger side. Dont think its affecting the performance of the car. I will listen to it more carefully today and post an update on this.

Bit of a long shot. I'm only suggesting this as maybe there is a possible indication from your diagnosis that something warming up changes the situation. 

Have a look if any exhaust pipe heat shrouds are close to the bodywork. Sometimes you can get strange intermittent sounds from that. 

They are quite malleable and can be easily shaped by hand to suit.