Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

MPG is going down

Capitalmagpie

The first 1000 mile I averaged 50.5 mpg.

During the next 500 miles I am averaging 43.5 mpg with the total average since purchased down to 48.5.

I seem to be driving in the same way, any ideas on why this has changed.

Thanks 

Temperature does seem to have gone down in the last week or so which might explain the drop.

Stop and start journeys, temperature, tyre pressures, passengers/weight in the car, use of stereo, keeping windows open/closed and where you are driving can all make a difference to the MPG.

• Like 1

Yup, I'd agree rayaans. The last two months I've been averaging about 48mpg.  Now that the temp is back up I've been managing 55mpg.  

You may think you're driving the same way but there's going to be some differences.  The first day I got my ct200h I managed 70mpg (though that might be my fuzzy memory).  I was so scared of damaging my shiny new car that I must have driven it so carefully to achieve the high mpg. Since then I've been getting around 52mpg.  Two days ago I decided to REALLY concentrate on my driving and figure out where I to use EV mode etc ... I managed 67mpg.  The very next day I had to drive up a hill in anger ... it was only for a minute and it dropped back down to 53mpg.  I'd say after 100miles you've relaxed into the car and your driving has adjusted as well.

Are you driving the same journey?  Are the traffic conditions the same every time?

• Like 1

When I was off work a couple of months ago we went for a few long runs, I got the MPG up to 62. Back to the daily commute and I'm on 41.7.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes, short trips, or motorway journeys do reduce the MPG. Long trips on A and B roads at 30-50 MPH will increase the MPG by a significant amount. 

• Like 1