Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hooray got her back on the road

Two weeks ago posted about the 5 fail points on the Mot - most serious was the headlamps which I got sorted thanks to advice on here by way of the Autoglym restoration kit. Car has been in the local garage for the past week and picked her up tonight - everything supplied, fitted and a service too all for around £500 which is great value for another year on the road. My mechanic has had a good look round and no other issues lurking save for what was called out as advisory on the Mot.

Have been using the ISF exclusively for the past fortnight which has been fun but big smile on my face tonight when I took the LS for a drive - so soothing and serene - funny how a 17 year old car can create such feelings of pleasure! The tax was due to run out tomorrow so Mot passed in the nick of time and have just renewed online so here's to another year and hopefully many more to come.

• Like 4

I agree with you that these LS Lexi create an aura of their own that defies time. Been out in mine today, and I still can't believe how refined and indeed serene it is, but with some real grunt and performance when needed. Continue to enjoy for many years 

I'm still looking for one but had the Toyota Soarer with same engine and gearbox and it was like sitting in your armchair and a 3 hour journey seemed like a half hour one as you were so fresh when you got out the other end, the sound system was the best I've ever had in a car. Engine and gearbox are just magnificent.

• Like 2