Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New to LOC

Old_Dude

Hi all, I'm new to the LOC but i've had a wander around the site and you all seem like a really good (and knowledgable) bunch. I have just aquired my first GS300 Sport and I love it, it does however need one or two bits and some TLC, I dare say I have only just scratched the surface and there's still quite a long way to go.

Right now I just have one urgent requirement, if anyone can point me in the right direction I would be very grateful. My Expansion tank seems to have rotted away at the top, I'm pretty sure that it cannot be repaired but i'm having trouble locating one, does anyone know where I might get my hands one one?

Cheers, Dave

Hi Dave and welcome to the LOC, we are a friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer left over.

Always keep an eye on eBay as there are always bits and pieces being put on there.

We recommend you spend a couple of mins looking over the rules of the LOC, we will be asking questions later.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Regards Mike

5 hours ago, piasek said:

Unfortunately I couldn't find anything in UK, at least not online.

I've found it in US and with shipping it costs just over £50 and they claim it should arrive in 1-6 days.

http://www.rockauto.com/m/mobilecatalog.php

ec13c244011b814bf88a5213d23bdd90.jpg530cbc2038dccca09ea5e2ff676f8a71.jpg

It might be worth ringing dealer and checking how much it will cost in UK then choose cheaper option.

Any chance that this one will fit?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Coolant-Expansion-Tank-Toyota-Camry-3-0-L-Lexus-ES300-2002-2003-/321872239062?hash=item4af11499d6:g:VmAAAOSwuTxWADtf

No it won't, according to Toyodiy.com you need part 16470-46040 which is only used on the GS / Aristo and Toyota Crown. Looks like the same part is used for RHD and LHD vehicles so you can import from the US if you can find one.

10 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

No it won't, according to Toyodiy.com you need part 16470-46040 which is only used on the GS / Aristo and Toyota Crown. Looks like the same part is used for RHD and LHD vehicles so you can import from the US if you can find one.

Thanks for that Colin, i'll have a look aver the weekend and if all else fails, piasek's suggestion seems favorite, one of the problems i'm anticipating will be that it will look too new againsed the rest of the engine bay until I can get it cleaned properly over the summer that is.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorted, found one in the UK (from fleabay) for £25.

On to next problem, a cosmetic one this time, the rear spoiler has several of the LED's out, is there a knack to removing the spoiler as undoing the retaining bolts just don't seem to do it.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links