Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lowering but retaining comfort

dougie175

The time has come to lower my IS250 F-Sport

I had put the car on 19's to have very little tyre for absorption so need to get my suspension choice right, currently on the stock suspension the car still feels fantastic so I don't really want to compromise that but achieve a lower setup.

My options are:

Eibach Prokit from the UK £230 lowers 30mm all round

Eibach Prokit from the US £352 lowers 35mm front and 25mm rear

BC Racing - £700 Seems very popular but is that because they are 1 of the only affordable options for some cars such as the IS250?

Meister R ZetaCRD (Replaces the Europa) - £650 these seems to be the wise choice, I have heard mainly good things about Meisters over forums I have been part of. Has anyone got a set fitted to a Lexus and can give feedback on comfort?

I have run Eibachs on my previous 3-4 cars as have always been pleased with the difference in comfort from stock as they always felt comparable, I'm just not sure the ride height would be quite low enough on the IS, I'm not looking for silly low as I want the car to be practical and useable, I also don't like the look when the arches come over the wheels, but the coilovers would give me endless options to get the ride height "just right" have a feeling I may regret the Eibachs

Basically looking for any feedback someone can give me to get the car set nicely without loosing that beautiful ride comfort the Lexus has and what attracted me to it in the first place! Don't want to turn this into a bouncy crashy Civic them days are behind me for day to day use!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

14 hours ago, madasahatter said:

Yes just had a look on google nothing on ebay for lexus. Costs abou 750.00 say they are made along side Bcs. Look striking i may add, were they hard to

set them up. Are they a harsh ride how much did you lower by.

I think they share some components possibly but they are not made alongside by any means. The knowledge and customer support from Mesiter R is second to none they really know what they are talking about and defend themselves very well on forums.

No not hard at all took a little bit tweaking to get exactly what I wanted but that's the same with all coilovers.

Not harsh in the slightest the are a better ride than the standard suspension to be honest. Not sure how much I have lowered by to be honest, car sits like this:

2016-05-29%2014.43.28.jpg

9 minutes ago, madasahatter said:

Now that looks nice mate, like the way its the same front and rear. Had you had a bang at the rear end?

Thanks very much yeah Im really happy with the way it sits, that's the beauty of coilovers you can get it exactly how you want.

No never had a bump mate, Why you say that?

Do you just mean because of the work I have done to the rear if so its just because I am a vehicle body repairer and cant leave things alone hehe

2 minutes ago, madasahatter said:

You are so lucky then, able to keep your car in the best possible condition. Lovely colour as well.

Thanks check out my build thread I think you'll enjoy it

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links