Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Folks

looking to get my passenger seat base recovered due to accidental damage which has caused the leather on the seat base to literally  dissolve. I have 2007 460 with light grey interior. Does anyone know of a breakers where i could possibly get a replacement or of a company that could re-upholster the one i have. 

Thanks 

lib4111

Hi John, Nice picture of your Grandaughter, your as soft as me. Welcome to the LOC, we are a friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer left over.

Best place is eBay, its a rare car to be in a breakers but you never know your luck.

We recommend you spend a couple of mins looking over the rules of the LOC, we will be asking questions later.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Regards Mike

2 hours ago, lib4111 said:

Thanks for getting back to me Mike. Is there any chance that another models seat would fit the 460 ie gs.

I don't know, I would be surprised if it did as the interior of an LS is alot bigger than the GS so logically to me it says they would put a larger seat in the LS. Someone will be along with the correct answer soon. Mike.

Hi John, yes Cruisermark is referring to me.  I removed the driver's seat from my 460 to have the excess folds of leather that were a result of the original owner spending 8 years sliding into the seat due to his huge size.   Trimmer I used did a great job here in Leeds but be careful these seats are very heavy and you must disconnect the Battery and let the car stand for 10 mins before you disconnect the yellow air bag wire connector.  No need to split the seat in two as the base cushion can be removed from the frame.  A new seat cover is £1350 and the heating element is part of the leather cover, not something that would be easy to remove and be refitted into a new leather cover made from scratch.  A good trimmer would need to see if the heating element can be un picked from the various layers the original cover is made up from.  The seat photos show the before and after.  There are other multi connection blocks under the seat for all the various electrics and the yellow multi block is a two stage disconnect, it's like a two stage separation before it separates.   As far as finding a used seat on e bay or the like, then be prepared to be disappointed. Very few 460 cars are being broken for spares. To find one would be hard but if you did be aware that salvage guys know exactly how valuable LS460 spares are to them and a second hand seat would be over £1000 at least .  NB it helps considerably to have the  rear door open when removing and refitting these seats.  Remember very very heavy. 

Good luck with the refurbishment

Steve

002 (3).JPG

002 (5).JPG

001 (10).JPG

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links