Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Guide: Lexus LS 600hl  2008 rear head rest removal 

This is probably the shortest guide on a forum like this but having seen a few folks elsewhere wanting the answer to removing the headrests on these cars and at least one father who needed to, I wanted to leave a note on how to do it for others.

I managed to get a seat belt stuck around the head rest this afternoon and it would not retract. 

I’ve attached the photos I could get to clarify this a little more.

The first step for me was to lower the head rest tilt the seat forwards. This allowed me to get to the leather cover on the back of the seat – this covers the rear workings of the seat but allows access via Velcro and one odd little plastic plug that will pull clear.

A head torch is useful here to locate the two clips that are the only reason you can’t pull the headrest out.  They pull out with fingers easily enough – just take care not to drop them as I suspect it’ll be a pain in the rear to retrieve them.

Once the two clips are off the steel pillars of the head rest, it will come out easily – save that you’ll need to recline the seat to give you maximum clearance from the rear window.

Re-installation is as simple as the clips push back on easily.

Hope my pics and explanation helps someone else in years to come – the answers I’d seen so far had been to take her to the dealer which seems a bit OTT.

2016-05-02_15.00.01.jpg

2016-05-02_15.00.43.jpg

2016-05-02 15.02.30.jpg

2016-05-02 15.02.43.jpg