Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Decisions decisions - Insurance becoming due. Guess getting older has its benefits :wheelchair: 

Lowest quote from Admiral at £180 per year or £170 with wife on policy.......

Think I will take the £180 - get my drift !!! :yes:

• Like 1

That's an excellent price !  Just renewed mine last month with RAC (did a Meerkat search first) at £270 pa.

That includes the wife though, maybe she's not as good a driver as your missus Noobie. :wink1:

Mine includes business use, courtesy car, protected ncb etc.

Well... actually your location is the main factor e.g. you cannot get similar price anywhere near London... I am paying £760 and consider it being "very cheap".. thought I am rather young.. last year it was £1160, and the year before ~£2700. Before I bought the car (3 years ago) it was £7600...

Paid £700 for mine last year in London.  That is with 7 years NCB, no accidents or points and I am 38 years old.

Moved to near Basingstoke this year and it dropped to £348.

Insurance is based on ur post code @ age too, I live in barking, is250 is £70 more for  then my previous is220d. My wife is 35 no accident, max bonus, no points, I'm 46 no accident, no points, generally insurance is more expensive in London,outer London is cheaper. See what I will get in Dec as only paid difference due to car change.

This is with Admiral - not a multi car policy but may enquire to see if its cheaper.

Wife has two claims against her (accident no injury and a write off due to flood) I have one write off against me for flood

Fully comp - normal excesses so its pretty good. It has never been excessive to be honest. My 20 year old lad has been driving 1 year, just renewed at £520 with Hastings and he drives a 1.6 Ford KAsport which was the cheapest insurance I could find - dearer for a 1.0 corsa !!

Might put wifey on it but she wont drive it.

Are you born in UK ? That affects insurance and your quote are fine. 

9 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Well... actually your location is the main factor e.g. you cannot get similar price anywhere near London... I am paying £760 and consider it being "very cheap".. thought I am rather young.. last year it was £1160, and the year before ~£2700. Before I bought the car (3 years ago) it was £7600...

Insurance companys seem to make it up as they go along.....£352 with M&S (underwritten by axa) last year, £489 😭 this year.....so went with axa directly for £390. 

17 hours ago, jackcramerr said:

Are you born in UK ? That affects insurance and your quote are fine. 

No.. Full UK driving license for 7 years thought. In fact changing that in quote doesn't make much difference. I do think that my quotes are about average now ... and getting better.

I don't understand how in country like UK insurance companies are allowed to discriminate so much? :D

Linas

What about your ethnicity? Sorry asking personal question but now that you said discrimination.

Yeah... they complain forigners are sucking the money out but they dont know how much they inject in the first place :)

I pay around 1600 cash and thought that's how it is until I started asking around and got gobsmacked. :) 

Hay ho. :)

Well.. I guess right answer would be "white - other".

I am not being too upset about it, especially now when my insurance became "reasonable", but insurance companies are asking far too many questions about driver which they don't need to know. I guess 90% of questions on the policy should have an option - "do not want to disclose" to become non-discrimination/politically correct. 

e.g. what is their business to know what you do for living? 

My understanding insurance should only be based on 2 things - car + driver experience... that what it is in majority of the countries anyway - 2 questions: car reg + driver license number, no other information is really relevant.

I agree. But you are the money Linas. Everyone who posted here combine what they pay is still less than what you pay... And they got in accident and you never did. The political corectness will raise their premium and you need to compensate for it. UK needs you! :)

15 hours ago, jackcramerr said:

I agree. But you are the money Linas. Everyone who posted here combine what they pay is still less than what you pay... And they got in accident and you never did. The political corectness will raise their premium and you need to compensate for it. UK needs you! :)

If the insurance premium would be the only thing UK needs me for... 

No worries I have a plan... the plan which effectively makes my Insurance £50/year, no MOT and no VED, furthermore I will be shielded from any fines as well. If it works out well I will share the recipe :)

That will only work till brixit.

You insure you car in another eu country ? 

Its not only insurace but many other things. No idea why media never talks about it... Anyway politics is bad and not to be discussed.

We probably shall stop it as well...

Won't change anything... You are right brexit would close the loophole.. I still believe there are enough people to vote against it :)

Sorry guys .... ever heard the expression Happy as Larry?

I updated the quote with Admiral today on a multicar policy as opposed to the original one I done last week based on myself as a driver only - Have added my wife to my policy and I have added me to hers so we can both drive each others although she wont drive mine.

The only real change has been the quote on the multicar policy ... £139 against mine / fully comp.

I am not going to complain with that .... has insurance come down lately?

Admiral quote.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links