Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS200 Air Conditioning ?

Would you believe it. The first hot day of the year and my air con appears not to be working.  It only blows hot air no matter what temperature is set  on the dial. Any ideas what to look for and check before I visit the garage to rack up a hefty bill. I'm hoping its something simple and you knowledgeable guys out there have been there before. I know Air Con can lose its gas but is there anyway I can easily prove its that or something else?  (Only had the car a few months so not sure it ever worked. Thought I checked it but not so sure now)

You need to determine whether it's the AC that is faulty or one of the actuator flaps stuck in the hot position, does the air coming from the centre vents not change temperature at all when the climate control is moved from hot to cold?

I've got the same problem ! I had the car serviced 3 weeks ago ,also had a new serpentine belt fitted , the aircon was regassed the last service a year ago, could  the fitter have left a connection off when fitting the new belt ? Any clue as to what to look for would be appreciated,

Allan

Had the aircon regassed a year ago so maybe it is the condenser, anybody ever fitted a new condenser ? Is it a easy job ? 

Allan

Edited by aly-g
Typo !

Think its not too bad if you have access to a ramp, on certain cars they are horrible to change, no idea about Lexus, of course you'd have to make sure you have got rid of any gas etc(?) before doing so.

Yes I think your right, I've just been reading a post on the USA  Lexus forums , it put me right off attempting it myself !  What really  has given me the hump is the car was perfect before it went in for its yearly service 3 weeks ago !!

Allan

The car is going in Wednesday to be checked , hope it's nothing too expensive ! Thanks for all the replies,

Allan

Had the car diagnosed today , just about the worse thing it could have been ....a seized aircon compressor ! Just waiting for the quote now, the strange thing is that I had no warning lights or unusual noise does this seem correct ? Has Any body had this happen to thier car and any idea what the cost is likely to be , ta very much,

Allan

The car does a check through everything else when you first turn it on, I would have thought a seized aircon compressor is quite a important part of the car to go wrong ! It must be important because Lexus wanted over £800.0 for it ...they must think I'm stupid , Lexus don't make compressors they buy them from Denso , so that's £ 400.0 you could save with 2 phone calls !!....... I was quoted by JEM in Colindale £ 1500. 00 to supply and fit a new compressor and then and only then could they gas it up to test for any leaks !! So if the condenser has a leak that will be another £ 340.00 + labour thank you very much so now I'm looking at a £2000.00 bill for fixing the aircon can you believe it because I couldn't .......any way after phoning around I ended up taking the car away from them and taking it to a company called Alpinair based in west London  could not have been happier with the quote I got from them to Supply and fit compressor and supply and fit new condenser  seals etc..£922.00 including the dreaded VAT... So people don't take the bull**** that you are told by these ( in my opinion ) rip off merchants , make a few phone calls and use the Internet because you can save a lot of 'wedge'  £1100. Was saved I this instance .

Allan

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links