Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

last weekend when visiting my son,i left my car outside his house overnight,and some lowlife has keyed it or whatever they use from front to back,and not content with that,went around and done the other side as well,every time i see the car i feel so upset,none of the cars around it were done,i don't know anyone there,i suppose it looks a more exspensive car than it is,i suppose they thought i was some rich plutocrat to take their frustrations out on.i report it to police,its only minor ?  damage, give you a number for insurance.and tell me these people need our help,they certainly would if i could get hold of them.i just feel so fed up and disalusioned with the car at the moment,iv just got a new mot,4 new tyres,and got a mobile guy coming round to do the bumper scuffs,he is going to see what he can do,they have all this new colour matching technology,but more exspense,i'm just gutted.at least iv got it off my chest,

• Like 1

Really sorry to hear that, it winds me up so much just getting a supermarket ding (which I rarely do as I park miles away from the rest) so I can't imagine how you feel.  I hope you get it sorted and back to its former glory.

Sorry to hear of your plight Ray.  Don't know what drives lowlife to do this....envy and jealousy I guess !

Like Phil, supermarket dings annoy me too, unfortunately, despite parking away I have a few scars from inconsiderate parkers too.

Sorry to hear that. You might be surprised what your guy can do who is doing the bumpers. I know it going to cost you money. I  hope he can manage to sort it for you. Mike.

...  if you're insured with Saga then I know for certain that a vandalism claim does NOT affect your No Claims Protection Bonus  ....  and they might repair the damage for free 

But only Saga I'd imagine does this

Malc

Sorry to hear about your damage your not on your own with this. Same thing happened to my original 95 LS400 I normally put it in my garage but left it out one night until 11pm when I came to put it in the garage I noticed it had been keyed all down one side.

Sad to hear... 

Only reading stories like that makes me think twice about dashcam with parking mode. I could probably enjoy every second bringing those bas**** to justice for criminal damage. Minor to do... Major to fix... feel sorry for you..

They are just scumbags, who probably think it an achievement. The only positive is that you might find it can be repaired for less than you think. Pay up , get it repaired,  and move on or it it will nag at you and affect you. Don't let it !!

• Like 1

I truly sympathise, as I imagine the police response will be less enthusiatic than if someone had robbed you of the amount of cash you will need to rectify the damage. Is your car likely to need a respray both sides? I would imagine that if you deduct the area covered by plastic, and have it sprayed to the roof line the cost should be more reasonable, and it should be easier to achieve a good paint match? I am considering doing this to my cat to refresh it so would appreciate any info on prices quoted. I hope you get it sorted out, it is sickening

12 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Sad to hear... 

Only reading stories like that makes me think twice about dashcam with parking mode. I could probably enjoy every second bringing those bas**** to justice for criminal damage. Minor to do... Major to fix... feel sorry for you..

I would highly recommend it, I have a blackvue DR650 front and rear camera. Great bit of kit :)

17 hours ago, harrylime said:

I truly sympathise, as I imagine the police response will be less enthusiatic than if someone had robbed you of the amount of cash you will need to rectify the damage. Is your car likely to need a respray both sides? I would imagine that if you deduct the area covered by plastic, and have it sprayed to the roof line the cost should be more reasonable, and it should be easier to achieve a good paint match? I am considering doing this to my cat to refresh it so would appreciate any info on prices quoted. I hope you get it sorted out, it is sickening

This owner's club will not tolerate cruelty to any animals this includes respraying your cat, if it was black and white when you got it leave it that way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, steve2006 said:

This owner's club will not tolerate cruelty to any animals this includes respraying your cat, if it was black and white when you got it leave it that way.

I have just had two cats taken out of mine your welcome to spray them whatever colour you want.

Ray, that is sickening. The really galling thing is that even if the culprits were caught red handed, they'd only get a slap on the wrist as punishment. The Courts are run by the Ministry of Injustice if you ask me.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, harrylime said:

visible cameras just provide an additional reason to break into your car?

Then it would be wise to make them not visible.. isn't it? If you choose right type of camera they should not be visible, unless you know exactly where to look.

....  punishment at court ............  rather impressed reading in the Delhi Times etc when I was there:

It's usual for arrests of miscreants to occur after they have been apprehended by local people who have caught them, thoroughly thrashed them and THEN handed them over to the police for more formal justice

It's a brilliant system of simple justice and quite acceptable and clearly OK

Malc

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Well Chaps--My 400 as seen on the 7th of this month with the scratch on the rear N/S door has been to the paint shop, and has had an excellent job done, what do you think?

001.JPG

002.JPG

004.JPG

Dashcams aren't great for people scratching your car. Very unlikely that the police will do anything unless the persons face is visible.

It worked for an Aston Martin owner but that was £9k worth of damage on that car and only after it had spent a fair amount of time over facebook.

Police don't bother with £100-200 issues anymore.

Our Micra has big dents and corner scratches-even a new/different colour! boot -, looks a mess.

Belonged to our 87 year old neighbour who obviously had location discerning difficulty!

But, at 18 K miles, we got it FREE!

It's (mostly) in Technoflair (Technoflare?) bi-colour paint too!

But advantage is.....NO worries about scratches (apart from rust prevention).

Whereas, with my LS 400 I was paranoid!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links