Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Note left on 400 asking if for sale.

Really strange thing today. Left my 400 parked in the usual place while at work. Came out to find a note under the wipers written on a scruffy old envelope.

Just said )will i sell it, leave a note i will be passing again in the morning. Thankyou)

No phone number or anything.

Anyone else had anything similar?

Cheers

16 minutes ago, robob said:

Really strange thing today. Left my 400 parked in the usual place while at work. Came out to find a note under the wipers written on a scruffy old envelope.

Just said )will i sell it, leave a note i will be passing again in the morning. Thankyou)

No phone number or anything.

Anyone else had anything similar?

Cheers

Well it's nice to have somone appreciate it enough to leave a note.  It wasn't an envelope with a Dudley post stamp was it?!!

• Like 1

I once had someone enquire whether I'd sell the Rover Sterling I used to own. It was in British Racing Green and had the 2.7 V6 Honda engine. It had lots of toys; electric heated leather memory seats, sunroof, etc..... A very nice car, but not in the same class as an LS.  I eventually sold it to someone in the Rover owner's Club. It was scrapped after approx. 200,000 miles.

....  I left notes twice asking if an owner would sell their car, the first a Ls400 that he wouldn't sell and the second the Mazda 323f (1994 ) that I then bought in Dec 2007 that will probably go to the breakers later this year sometime

So it's not that unusual I guess

Malc

Personally, I don't want anyone asking me if I will sell my Car or leaving any note asking same question
with or without a phone contact number. Why would you do that? If its for sale it will be advertised have a sign in the window. MYOB would be my reaction.

Last year there were a few dubious people in the neighborhood and I was afraid one might stop and ask if I wanted to sell.  My youngest Son always reminds me that the Car and  my number plate CDL suggests "Crack Dealers Limited"!

Yes i had this twice, when i had my 1989 MR2 Mk1 between 2008-2010.  Use to have total strangers talk to me, about the car guess they admired how clean it was for its age and probably because i was only 22 driving a modern classic.

Thanks for all the replies. Did worry me a little at the time, the thing i found most odd was why they didn't leave a phone number.

As said above decent ones are getting very hard to find. I was lucky finding this a year ago as had almost given up. I guess it qualifies as being decentish.

On 140k now and drives as would be expected for that mileage so i believe is genuine. Last owner had it 10 years and have all the history and loads of invoices etc.

I had cambelt and water pump etc changed when i got it, rear springs replaced and a good service (less the iridium plugs) since then just a couple ofm oil changes and mots, passed both times without even an advisory but then my old one always did pass as well.

Has some niggles of course, bodywork is good excluding the bumpers could do with a repaint and passenger side rear door has a weird crease in it.

Also wheels need a refurb, to make matters worse they are the mk3 wheels off my old one as the wheels on this were dreadfully in need of refurb so i swapped them over. Thought was good idea at the time but regret it now as it doesn't look quite right and despite them having been refurbed a few years back they have deteriorated massively in the past year.

Drives great, occasional slight steering vibration but then i need to get a pair of tyres on the front so that will resolve that hopefully. Could do with a four wheel alignment too i guess as follows the camber of the road more than my last one.

Slight fast clicky noise when accelerate hard, sounds like a minor exhaust blow but whenever had the chance to get under it all seems fine. Maybe just the sound of the vvti engine? Seems to roar more than the mk3 i had before, is likewise quite noticeably better on fuel, tighter to drive and a lot more powerfull. That said the engine in the mk3 was quiter even with starship enetrprise mileage.

I have driven these for about 10 years now and still my favorite model of car compared to everything else i have ever owned. Only old cars i have owned as well.

I use it every day which i think is unusual for one of these now? Hence in some ways i am glad it isn't a mint unmarked example.

Last weekend another inch long scratch appeared on corner of rear bumper while it was parked up at the holiday park we have a static on. I just think oh well the bumper needs painting anyway.

Altough my wife and Daughter point out that's not quite what i said at the time

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links