Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

somebody know where I can buy second hand engine?

Gosia

Hello guys! In my car chain snapping.I need change all engine .I can't afford to change engine I ASO .Any ideas where I can find second hand engine ? 

11 minutes ago, bobmc said:

My IS has done 80,000 - Gulp!:unsure:

My is nearing 2x that... and I was worried about this particular problem since I bought the car (now 27k miles back)... However, check stays solid: "Checked - green"... I am still hoping that it is in better condition than my A/C "checked green" :wacko:

28 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

My is nearing 2x that... and I was worried about this particular problem since I bought the car (now 27k miles back)... However, check stays solid: "Checked - green"... I am still hoping that it is in better condition than my A/C "checked green" :wacko:

True, again I would expect it is a visual inspection and I doubt they rotate the engine to inspect all the chain links. Do you know if yours has been replaced? I believe the service interval for the timing chain is 100K although I think they do it at 90K in the US

No it wasn't. That's the point !:yucky:

Service interval is not 100k - it is "lifetime", I guess in this case "lifetime" means, when the chain goes - you change the engine. They include checks in every service thought. Replacement is ~£1000-£1500 so you can get 2 used engines for that anyway.

It seriously worries me now.. 

Have anyone actually have it replaced?

Well the 100K service schedule says 'Replace Timing Belt (model dependant)' 

So it's referring to a belt and not a chain and also that it's dependant on the model.

Is it really that expensive to get a timing chain replaced?

18 hours ago, Gosia said:

Hello guys! In my car chain snapping.I need change all engine .I can't afford to change engine I ASO .Any ideas where I can find second hand engine ? 

Was there any warning before the chain went?

I've seen this sort of quote elsewhere "if your chain/tensioner becomes worn to a dangerous degree you will hear audible symptoms before damage is done"

I would expect to hear some kind of knocking sound...

One question - are you sure you need to replace engine? Or the price of chain replacement is so much that you looking for engine instead? - I am pretty sure IS250 engine pistons have cuts for valves and therefore even after chain snaps they shouldn't get damaged. The rest shouldn't have been damaged either as engine would have stalled immediately. So I guess worse case scenario - new chain, timing gear and chain cover if it was damaged..

1 hour ago, bobmc said:

Is it really that expensive to get a timing chain replaced?

I was referring to dealer prices..

As for parts - chain alone is like £650 (11310-31042) and I guess you would need few other bits and ~8 man hours:

3321B0_1106_0002.png

Edit:

Sorry, the chain part code 13506-31020 ~ and price in a range of £200-300 for genuine part. I wouldn't consider cheap ones for £143, considering how difficult and expensive is to replace it. I guess it still put this fix in £1000+ price bracket.

3111A0_1302_0001.png

Unless there is a design flaw, timing chains tend to stretch over time and slacken.  Normal wear is usually taken up by the tensioner, but if the wear is excessive then it might not be able to.  If this happens, there should be a rattling sound that would be probably last for a while before the chain let go.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links