Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RC F and my lexus portal

Hi all,

Ive just purchased the RC F carbon (used) from Lexus in London,

ive been trying to get the car to connect to the internet via my mobile, but i keep getting error codes like ID=195 and id=214.

I have also tried adding the car in the my vehicles section, but it keeps telling me the navigation ID is incorrect/invalid, I can add it without the ID (by unchecking the I want to register my Lexus EMVN or Lexus Premium Navigation)

Am I missing something or has this car come without both of those options?

(According to the site, and my info about the car its got premium nav)

Thanks

-r1sh12

IMG-20160512-WA0002.jpeg

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the info,I have registered on the my lexus portal site without ID,

I have then gone to the car with my Bluetooth enabled and 4g/ mobile data tethering enabled (I can browse sites),

last night when i tried as you suggested above, it didnt work, but this evening about 10 mins ago, tried again and hey presto its working :D

Thanks for the help Colin,

-r1sh12

yeah I agree,

Ive been using the built in sat nav and its complete garbage in comparison to google maps.

I have no idea why Toyota/Lexus think they can do better than apple/google.

Is there any way to get android auto into a lexus?
I dont even care about going down a third party route as long as it works

• 3 weeks later...

On 20/05/2016 at 3:43 PM, r1sh12 said:

yeah I agree,

Ive been using the built in sat nav and its complete garbage in comparison to google maps.

I have no idea why Toyota/Lexus think they can do better than apple/google.

Is there any way to get android auto into a lexus?
I dont even care about going down a third party route as long as it works

A sat nav is supposed to get you from point A to point B. Works perfectly TBH, never find myself anywhere where I wasnt supposed to be.

Just fiddle with the settings - make sure you dont have it on Eco route, and turn everything off apart from Motorways. Fiddle around with Auto zoom etc depending on your likes and change the view and voila!

4 minutes ago, rayaans said:

A sat nav is supposed to get you from point A to point B. Works perfectly TBH, never find myself anywhere where I wasnt supposed to be.

Just fiddle with the settings - make sure you dont have it on Eco route, and turn everything off apart from Motorways. Fiddle around with Auto zoom etc depending on your likes and change the view and voila!

well yeah but it then drops the connected traffic which is important.

Ive tried everything possible, it just wont connect back to the net :(

1 hour ago, r1sh12 said:

well yeah but it then drops the connected traffic which is important.

Ive tried everything possible, it just wont connect back to the net :(

Might be due a trip to the dealer and a software update? These things are known to come out of the factory with 1 year old software on them and since, about 2-3 have come out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/06/2016 at 11:40 PM, rayaans said:

You can check the software version.  Can't remember exactly how but you can do it in the car anyway

Thanks! I spoke to Lexus tech at my local garage, and updated the software from home.

the software was really old, like 5 releases old, which might be before the car was released lol.
It has resolved most of the issues (Inc when TMS comes on, I hit cancel but my Bluetooth audio wont work).

The tech guy also said its best to use my wifi hotspot on the phone rather than Bluetooth pass through for internet, he said its more stable.

So I have used that instead and its working great.

Just to mention the updates can be downloaded from the lexus portal site.

4 hours ago, r1sh12 said:

Thanks! I spoke to Lexus tech at my local garage, and updated the software from home.

the software was really old, like 5 releases old, which might be before the car was released lol.
It has resolved most of the issues (Inc when TMS comes on, I hit cancel but my bluetooth audio wont work).

The tech guy also said its best to use my wifi hotspot on the phone rather than bluetooth pass through for internet, he said its more stable.

So I have used that instead and its working great.

Just to mention the updates can be downloaded from the lexus portal site.

Glad to hear that most of it is sorted.

Yes the software is probably from back when the car was actually released as the production cars get updated with the new software every 6-12 months or so

On 25/06/2016 at 2:35 PM, rayaans said:

Glad to hear that most of it is sorted.

Yes the software is probably from back when the car was actually released as the production cars get updated with the new software every 6-12 months or so

yeah, I also spoke with my Local Lexus, one of their technicians in the workshop advise me to use a mobile hotspot instead.

In his words the Bluetooth pass through is horrible. Ive got everything connected up and working really well, the search engines page never populates no matter what i try, but i dont really care too much about that.

Using the wifi hotspot is the best method to get the traffic updates and faster route notifications

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links