mixls400

Reluctant sale 2005 GS430

Hi, having owned my GS430 for just over 1 year I find myself in a position where I have no option but to sell. Due to my job in the steel industry in Teesside and with a take over and pay cuts looming, I've had to re-assess my priorities. It has full Lexus service history and has just had its 100000 mile service at just over 99000 miles. The cam belt has been done. I've just replaced the transmission filter/strainer and fluid right through to the oil cooler so no old oil mixing with new. The strainer alone was over £100. The car benefits from having a full cat back bespoke twin stainless system which retains the Lexus silent running but without the looming deteriorating standard exhaust bills. All the brake pads are Green Stuff upgraded items. There is a boot liner and 2 sets of mats - 1 set unused & in wrappers. The car comes with a full Mot and has covered a mere 3400 miles last year as it is a second car which I only used for nice jollies out. It does have some stone chips on the front as to be expected but is very clean as I'm very particular and it shows. The paintwork is silky smooth to the touch like a new car. This is my pride and joy and would not be selling if circumstances were different. I'm looking for £5000 which I think is fare as these are getting rare now and with it being a 2005 model it benefits from the lower tax. Any questions please get in touch, not sure if I can post my phone number, let me know otherwise. Cheers.  Mike. 

DSC_0211.JPG

DSC_0212.JPG

DSC_0215.JPG

DSC_0201.JPG

DSC_0202.JPG

DSC_0214.JPG

Screenshot_2015-04-30-14-27-42.png

DSC_0199.JPG

Wow, that's a nicely presented car, you must be gutted to have to let it go.

I'm also on teesside and quite a few people I am close to are also being affected by the same issues. I hope your car finds a good new owner and that your circumstances don't take too long to improve.

9 hours ago, bobmc said:

Wow, that's a nicely presented car, you must be gutted to have to let it go.

I'm also on teesside and quite a few people I am close to are also being affected by the same issues. I hope your car finds a good new owner and that your circumstances don't take too long to improve.

Thanks for your nice comments, I too hope it goes to a good home. Although I doubt it now as the post seems to have disappeared from the listings ?? I thought I'd try on this forum first to attract a Lexus enthusiast and cut out time wasters and test pilots.

What a lovely car, shame ive just bought a Gs300 in black same shape as yours, if I hadnt bought it, then I would have definetly bought yours

18 hours ago, mixls400 said:

Thanks for your nice comments, I too hope it goes to a good home. Although I doubt it now as the post seems to have disappeared from the listings ?? I thought I'd try on this forum first to attract a Lexus enthusiast and cut out time wasters and test pilots.

Not gone, just moved to the correct forum.

Looks like a nice example. Hopefully it will find a good new home.

2 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Not gone, just moved to the correct forum.

Looks like a nice example. Hopefully it will find a good new home.

Ok thanks. My apologies, I must learn how to navigate the forum better! 

Shame you have to sell Michael, she looks superb. I have looked at GS430s in the past but for my annual mileage I just can't justify the extra cost. 

But like you say it's priorities, isn't it? I used to travel to poly on the train from Redcar to Middlesbrough in the late eighties and it's sad to read of the continual decline of the steel works; it always looked to me like it would go on forever.

Good luck with the sale and your changing circumstances.

Hi - not sure if this is still for sale; I've sent you a PM.

Ian

Hi - not sure if this is still for sale; I've sent you a PM.

Ian