Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 2jz-ge conversion

Hi all,I have an 2001 is200 that I drive daily but I feel it needs abit more GO.i have also have a gs300 sat on the drive,so just wondering if anyone could give me any advice on what is needed to put the 2jz in my is200 (box/ecu/mounts) before I rip them both apart and end up having to drive my mr2 turbo daily which I can't really afford.i have been doing some research but can't really get a consistent answer.

any info would be much appreciated

cheers in advance 

thanks for the reply

ye but don't want auto that's why I'm trying to find out what my options are.

will the JZ sit on the IS mounts or would I need a subframe or custom mounts (they don't look for off if anything at all),can I get a bolt on manual box,ECU from where,the GS?is300?supra?

thanks again

Hi 

it is a nice conversion but its a big job as I've put a 1jgte in my lexus is200, you need the mountings from the is300, you need a R154 box and get mountings for that gearbox and the ecu from a is300 or your GS300 its just splicing it into the is200, getting a is300 harness and ecu would be a better.

if you using the using your gs300 as a the one you taking the motor from then at least you will have the wiring, just use the transponder from the gs to work with the is200 once you put the 2jz in her cause youre key is encoded to the is200 ecu 

you need the the oil sump from the is300 motor or get a 2jzge as the standard sump will catch on the crossmember. you also need to install a return fuel line 

the proper shaft from a is300 or a modified one, the exhausts changed aswell also from the is300 or performance manifold  

cool anything you need help me just message me

Hi Anthony and welcome to the LOC, we are a friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer left over.

We recommend you spend a couple of mins looking over the rules of the LOC, we will be asking questions later.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Regards Mike

have you seen the turbo conversion ? full kit supplied and fitted for a good price, i know there is a member on here with that kit. would save you a lot of hassle and for the cost around £2500 you getting a lot of power