Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I went to see old Bazs car today with an open mind and found the air conditioning doesn't work, he is going to find out if it just needs regassing. He also said he will put a fresh MOT on the car and fix any advisories it might get. Apart from that and the cambelt being due it seems very clean and tidy and drove perfectly from what I could tell, the fluid levels were all at the correct levels and crucially all the right colours!!! Also, the boot was bone dry!!!

I have spotted another car of interest, it's a pre facelift LS430 but does look very tidy, here is the link:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-LS430-Premium-Pack-/262448258496?hash=item3d1b229dc0:g:UwwAAOSwrnNXQL9X

Its not too far from me, I've messaged the seller to see if everything works on the car. I'm still awaiting a reply. What do you think?? Does anybody know this car?

What is the average price for a cambelt change on an LS400? It says £295 for an LS430 on the Lexus website but doesn't list the LS400.

18 hours ago, Malc said:

..... is the private plate on the Ls430 nothing but an Irish import I wonder !

Malc

That's what I thought!! Seller got back to me saying as far as they are aware everything works.

When you are selling a car for £3,000, is it really too much trouble to actually go and check so you can definitely say everything works?!? Drives me mad when you get vague answers like that especially as the car is about 50 miles away. I even gave them specific things to check!!!

11 hours ago, mrdoofa said:

That's what I thought!! Seller got back to me saying as far as they are aware everything works.

When you are selling a car for £3,000, is it really too much trouble to actually go and check so you can definitely say everything works?!? Drives me mad when you get vague answers like that especially as the car is about 50 miles away. I even gave them specific things to check!!!

It seems that saying "as far as they're aware" gives them a get out option if everything doesn't.  On the other hand the LS430 has a lot of things that some would never use anyway so maybe that a genuine comment.   I wouldn't mind 50 miles to view a car, I've done 5 times that.  I'd be a bit concerned about the service history though.  The plate does look like a NI reg, although you can buy the NI ones easily.  Of course the sellers surname could be Zebedee or Zechariah!! 

• Like 1

phils comment is true - the previous owners of my 430 never used the keyless entry/start on the car - he was a mature guy with no interest in tech.

I on the other hand know everything works on my car except a duff front parking sensor.

I always ring the seller and have a got lengthy (if possible) conversation about the car.

i would say ring him

I really don't buy the "I don't use that so I don't know" excuse. When someone is interested in buying your car the least you can do is go and check something works before someone potentially wastes their time coming to view the car.

Leave it. As the others have said if he cant be bothered to find things out why should you travel all that way to give them your had earnt money. There is always another one and then maybe people like him will get some manners.

• Like 1

.......  MOT advisories, again the spring corrosion is very likely discolouration ...........  they don't corrode, they just snap when they are ready to, if ever ...  they don't just rust through to a point of failure ...  not at 180k miles at least !

and the rest, well, it's not the first year on the same other advisory

Looks a bit of a bargain to me !

Malc

I just wondered, on the mk4 LS400 when you lock/unlock the doors using the remote are the indicators supposed to flash? Or is there some other confirmation that the doors are locked/unlocked?

A guy at work might be selling his but to be honest it looks a bit rough. I just noticed that when you lock or unlock the car, all you get is the sound of the little motors activating which is very quiet so sometimes hard to tell if you've locked the car or not without trying the door handle.

3 hours ago, mrdoofa said:

I just wondered, on the mk4 LS400 when you lock/unlock the doors using the remote are the indicators supposed to flash? Or is there some other confirmation that the doors are locked/unlocked?

A guy at work might be selling his but to be honest it looks a bit rough. I just noticed that when you lock or unlock the car, all you get is the sound of the little motors activating which is very quiet so sometimes hard to tell if you've locked the car or not without trying the door handle.

Mine flash, once after first press to lock, and three flashes if you press twice.

I found the owners manual online and it says in there you can have the dealer make it so it doesn't flash, I wonder if that's what's happened by another previous owner. The guy at work just said its always been like that as long as he's had the car and he just thought nothing of it as all the doors lock and unlock ok.

Just seen this on eBay, another lexuschap special!!!

I just love the bit where it says:

STILL HERE, STILL TRADING, STILL STANDING, LEXUSCHAP ZINDABAD!!!

The words "Barge pole" spring to mind!!!

37 minutes ago, mrdoofa said:

Just seen this on eBay, another lexuschap special!!!

I just love the bit where it says:

STILL HERE, STILL TRADING, STILL STANDING, LEXUSCHAP ZINDABAD!!!

The words "Barge pole" spring to mind!!!

Zindabad: A word used mostly by Muslims generally meaning victorious, except he isn't as he got prosecuted.

It's funny that in the top half of the ad he says the rear view camera assists big time, then towards the bottom he's basically saying it doesn't work. 

And me being a Muslim seeing that hes wrote Zindabad and he isn't, makes me cringe big time.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links