Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Fitted Dashcam

Hi

Apologies to Capitalmagie for posting a similar thread to his own.  I feel the need for a dashcam but am wondering if Lexus recommend a specific dashcam or whether the fit a specific one?  I'm trying to avoid having wires all over my central column and don't like the idea of anything suckered to the windscreen.  Does anyone have any good alternatives?

I bought my CT200h sport in March and had a BlackVue 650 dashcam. This was fitted by Jem 07836 389906. He was recommended bubLexus Hatfield. He did a fantastic job.  The video is very clear. We have front and rear cameras and recording is good.

image.jpeg

Agree with the wires everywhere thing.

I have fitted a £40 camera to mine (front only) and it suckers the windscreen to the left of and behind the rear view mirror (from the drivers point of view).  The supply wires go up into the headlinig  where the centre light fitment is.  There is a 12v supply up there.  Took some courage to wrench the fitting free (really is a push fit)  and the wire is very thin green in the multi plug.  I wouldn't want to load that too much but the camera seems ok.  That supply is turned off with the ignition so the camera won't flatten the Battery.  THe whole installation is pretty invisible.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dim Tim said:

Agree with the wires everywhere thing.

I have fitted a £40 camera to mine (front only) and it suckers the windscreen to the left of and behind the rear view mirror (from the drivers point of view).  The supply wires go up into the headlinig  where the centre light fitment is.  There is a 12v supply up there.  Took some courage to wrench the fitting free (really is a push fit)  and the wire is very thin green in the multi plug.  I wouldn't want to load that too much but the camera seems ok.  That supply is turned off with the ignition so the camera won't flatten the battery.  THe whole installation is pretty invisible.

Did you use a 12V to 5V converter? Some pics might be useful...

Yes,  the camera came with the usual cigarette lighter to USB adaptor which I bastardised (if you do that ensure you retain any fuse etc) but I know that hardwired versions are available and there is room for the little box to fit above the headlining.  Some cameras work on straight 12v input so check first.

Sorry,  just escaped from hospital after spinal surgery so I can't even get to my car let alone climb around it to take photos.  LOL

• Like 1