Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wanted - 1991 IACV from LS400

Hi All,

I have a 1991 V8 supercharged Soarer, and I was hoping that one of you may have a part to help me out?

I am looking to refurb or change the IACV - Toyota per number 22270-50010. Idle Speed Control Valve.

Obviously at $900 its far to expensive to buy, or replace, so does anyone have a second hand one for sale I can refurb ?

I have the usual idle speed problems, 500-2500 - it was hunting, but now after some work from Essex Supras it just idles at 500 unless I tap the IACV. Its difficult to do that whilst holding idle from the inside of the car!

I am located in North London.

Thanks

Banners

Please remembers only Gold Members can offer items/cars for sale.

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

We need to see pictures of this supercharged engine and the car of course.

According to the link below the problem is generally caused by worn bearings in the IACV which can be replaced for a few pounds, the fact that the idle speed changes when you tap the valve body would seem to confirm this as the mechanical shock will release the tight bearings.

Got to be worth a try me thinks.

http://planetsoarer.com/IAC/iac.htm

• Like 1

If you are still struggling to get hold of a good working IACV I have one from a 1994 Toyota Celsior part number is 22270-50020, this is compatible with yours.

As this is taken off a good complete engine I would need your old unit to repair and refit so I can still sell the engine as complete.

PM me if interested.

Hi All, Thanks for the input. I've been able to finally locate one in the USA, and including postage it came to £50. Refurbished, second hand.

Anyone got an LSD that may fit my Soarer? Maybe should start another thread....

Photos to follow soon.

Thanks

Banners

12 hours ago, Banners said:

Hi All, Thanks for the input. I've been able to finally locate one in the USA, and including postage it came to £50. Refurbished, second hand.

Anyone got an LSD that may fit my Soarer? Maybe should start another thread....

Photos to follow soon.

Thanks

Banners

That will be the scarce Toyota Supra diff, if you find one well done, if you find 2 let me know :biggrin:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links