Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie Sport Cross 3.0

Robk

Hi All

Im Rob, deposit placed on a '05 25k mile Sport Cross I am collecting Monday. Im coming to Lexus via 3 good years of BMW 5 Series Touring (E61's inc 535d) but with am impending move to a city, have cashed in the Beemer, set my budget at £5k and bingo, found the Lexus within 2 hours of other car going - so it must be meant to be ! Have to ask..why are Lexus so cheap 2nd hand??? 

I am pretty sure I will run this car up to the 100k mile mark as I know they are pretty bullet proof so see an LPG conversion the cards too.

Should be fun!

Hi Rob, welcome. 

Keeping an eye on IS300s on Autotrader, I'm surprised the prices they are going for, but unlike you I think they seem surprisingly high! Since I bought three years ago, prices don't seem to have moved at all. I suspect prices can be weak because IS300s are thirsty relative to their modest performance and of course they are resolutely 1990s when it comes to 'infotainment'. 

As for bulletproof, well yes they are good, but don't imagine they don't have their weaknesses! You're buying a ten year old car, after all. 100k will be easy, but there will be things need doing then which are more expensive big-ticket items. 

Meanwhile, enjoy the ride! And when you need it, lots of helpful folk here. Let us know how you get on Monday.

Hi Rob and welcome to the LOC, we are a friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer left over.

We recommend you spend a couple of mins looking over the rules of the LOC, we will be asking questions later.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Regards Mike

Thanks Mike

I happened to notice you are LPG'd..am assuming Lexus engine happy bunny with it asap already considering the conversion for my one too?

Rob

Hi Rob. I have been running the family cars on LPG for the past 17+ years and never had a problem with any of them.

My LS400 was converted 6 years ago and apart from the annual service which is done over the internet,

would only need to go to Profess if there was a problem that would need hands on attention but that's never been required.

I have done around 50,000 miles and she has never missed a beat on LPG. LPG is much kinder on your engine as it burns at a lower temp and doesn't have the contaminants that petrol has.

Many thanks for this. Looks like I will be checking in for a Zavoli system in a  month or so once I've collected my new car and checked it runs ok for a month or so!

Rob

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links