Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello all

So yesterday I got this check VSC light on with engine management and yellow skidding sign in the Dash. This was right after getting into the car after an hour of parked up at the gym. so engine was half warm i would say.

No issue with the performance though. Still need to check the fuel cap and see if it has any effect on it.

Also booked in with Aberdeen Lexus as I have extended warranty till end f this year.

Any possible reason for this dreaded light to be on?

Might just be a low Battery. Take it for a bit of a run (up to an hour, say) then report back - is the light still on?

If so, let the dealer take a look with that extended in place!

I had the same problem when I bought mine 6 months ago. I attached a OBD reader that I bought off eBay for £30, told me that the front oxygen sensor needed to be replaced. Oxygen sensors are a common item to go on the Is. 

Normally it's dpf blocked but urs hasn't gone into limp mode so got sensors on dpf might b faulty as mk _lon suggested. Since u got extended warranty just let them look at it or disconnect Battery, might reset ecu.i got my dpf unblocked and 2nd time light came  on again used wynes dpf cleaner and lights didn't go out, then disconnected Battery @ lights went out. 

If it is the O2 sensor then its advisable to change both as they will have both been in there the same time and you don't want to go back in a few months to get the other one done - don't know (if it is) if Lexus will swap both out? Your car is at the mileage where they start to throw faults up and start failing.

If the lights have gone out and if it is the sensor then they will probably come back on again and go off until they totally fail and stay on solid.

The blinking off / on and knowing what the code relates to is a good indication to get the sensors on order as it will give you a few weeks warning before they finally go ... it would give you a chance to, if you were doing them yourself, get them on order. They are cheaper and easier to find from the USA.

Thanks for all the input guys. 

The light is still on and i have only driven couple of miles since it appeared yesterday. 

Its going in tomorrow and will have an update on it. I could read the codes etc myself but prefer for dealer to do it as its under warranty. Plus they will have a lexus code reader than a general one. 

Will post an update tomorrow 

wish me luck

Update

I got my car back this afternoon. 

I spoke to the technician and he explained that the code was relating to gearbox shift D solenoid which is all internal. Further he said it was due to second gear not engaged at 7 mph speed. He reckons its a one off thingy and should it happen again, they will have to diagnose it further. He did about ten mile road test in manual mode and codes havent returned back. I dont know which codes were they.  I drove back home from dealer and all is looking fine for the time being. 

I dont notice any problem with gear change. Its smooth as anything. 

I asked if it could be because of condensation in the gear box and he denied it. 

He seemed like a decent guy who knew what he is talking about. As per him its very rare that these faults often. 

All in all i have car back now and enjoyed my ride home. I have to monitor it over next week or so to see if it happens again. 

I do short journeys during the week. Can it be because of that?

• Like 1

If it makes you feel any more "secure" I had this last year - happened once and found it to be the same issue as you have had reported but the reports were against condensation - found a few people have had the same issues on similar cars in the states. I looked at changing the box oil at that point but just left it as it doesn't seem to be a DIY job.

I believe the gearbox is cooled by the engine cooling system but haven't researched to see if this is correct.

The fault has not come back since.

Its correct gearbox is cooled by engine cooling system,I got same system on my lti tx1, there is a pipe and if pipe washer failes then water from radiator goes straight into gearbox.most Japanese cars are as my taxi is Nissan engine and gearbox. It's quite possible that condensation builds up in pipe and lights come on, also could have condensation in box with oil.it happened to my taxi Water went in gearbox had it flushed few times and it cured it.you buy diesel dpf blocked buy petrol auto condensation in gearbox all due to short journey looool

• 1 month later...
On 20/07/2016 at 10:32 PM, bobmc said:

check the fuel cap first.

I did undo it and redid it before I left the car parked for around an hour or so and came back to check. It went away but two days later has returned.. I ordered an Obd2 reader to see what it is if it sticks around this time. Car's performance seems fine so I think possible faulty sensor or maybe its something to do with the heat? Has been around 32-33 degrees in London the last few days

• 7 years later...

Hey all; 

I had this yesterday and thought I’d share my experience.

I had a important telephone call so pulled over and switched off the engine but the lights radio all on, some 45 mins later I came to leave and found my Battery was flat, think my Battery is on its way out.

i used my jumpstart pack which turned over the car no worries then the dreaded light came on along with the engine warning light. 

I drove home, 20 mins and light remained on. When I got home switched car off and back on the error still there. So I shut off, opened and shut my petrol cap and left overnight. In the morning no error or engine light all good 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links