Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Afternoon All,

First post etc,

So would you buy a LS400 with 200K miles?

Looking for a barge and its Lexus v Honda fight time again.

Don't mind "project" costs, just not a money pit for a weekend barge.

Thanks

Is it straight, has it got a full service history and does everything work on it? Does it have an MOT? How are the tyres? Also what is the price? Not saying you shouldn't buy it because the LS400 has a ridiculously high build quality so 200,000 miles does not mean its at the end of its life....

Hi Matthew and welcome to the LOC, we are a friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer left over.

We recommend you spend a couple of mins looking over the rules of the LOC, we will be asking questions later.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Regards Mike

...  200k miles might well be just 20% of the car's expected life to be honest about it. Really depends how it's been looked after

Malc

Depends if it's been abused or not. I once considered an LS400 with 300,000 (motorway) miles but the driver's seat was shot. If it's had regular oil changes and the gearbox is good then you could still find a good runner that's not a money pit.

I bought a 1997 LS400 a couple of years ago which had done 211,000 and it has now done 218,000. It is a good car and runs fine.

The mileage did not put me off because it had full service history and had been well looked after. If the service history is there and the car is otherwise good, don't be put off by 200k+.

I bought my 2004 one year ago with 237k miles. Now it has 242k miles.

There was no much history or any record with car as such but it was great price so i just bought it.

did mini service, oil change etc and drives sweet.

so in my opinion test drive it, if it feels right and price is not too bad then just go for it. Gut feeling :)

200k is nothing to one of these if looked after. Good service history is vital, check for cambelt changes. These can do 500k and still be good!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links