Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LPG Conversion

Robk

Hi All,

Newbie here. Am taking delivery of a low miles IS300 '04 Sport Cross on Monday. It's looking to be a 3/4 year keeper so am up for an LPG conversion to be installed. I have read old posts on here where it turned into a bit of a bun fight which I'm really not after on my first toe dip. So, if anyone can reply on how their car has run on an LPG conversion and who are good for the initial installation, I'd be very much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Rob

I have run on LPG for the past 17+ years and had all my cars converted and never had a lubrication system
fitted on any of them.
If it runs on Unleaded then LPG will not do any damage to your engine. LPG also has far fewer contaminates
to hurt your engine over petrol. LPG also burns at a lower temperature to petrol.
You will not regret it just be sure you can trust 100% the people who are going to do the conversion.
If you have any doubts about them stop and go somewhere else.

If your buying a car already converted BE VERY CAREFUL and check first that there is no 
smell of gas inside or outside the car, if you do smell gas don't take any excuses just walk away
and quickly as you are looking at a bomb.

Next make sure that they have the LPG certificate for the car if not walk away.

After that look at the conversion and satisfy yourself that it looks like a professional installation.

Finally check with your insurance company that they will accept your car being converted if not you 
will have to find one that will, its getting rarer that they wont accept you but always best to ask first.

Profess in South Wales have done my last two conversion at £1400 which has now dropped to £1200 inc VAT
and the bonus of using them is they will do it in a day and lend you a car for the day. I have never seen
anyone post anywhere they have had a problem after using them. Both our cars haven't missed a beat.
Before that I used a company called Duelfuel in Woking Surrey they always wanted a week and wanted nearly 
£3K to convert the Lexus which is why I started looking round for a better deal. £1200 and Car loan for the 
day, its a no brainer.

If you pay someone ten grand to have a system fitted if they do a bad job you have wasted your money. 
Other suppliers and installers do not like sorting out other peoples problem so your stuck with it.

Finally ignore anything UKLPG have to say, they are just a self appointed sheriff who like you to think 
they are a government  associated body that over sees the LPG industry and its complete rubbish. 
This also goes for those that say they are affiliated to UKLPG.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Mike
  • Like 1

Ha..self appointed bodies....we had a few of those in the world of motorcycle training...........thank you for the heads up.

Rob

Next question will be, Im based right on the Easterly tip of East Anglia - the world of LPG installation looks murky to say the least so are there any concrete recommendations of a company closer to me over this way or is it Profess every time?

Thank you!

I am sorry Rob I cant help you with that one. For me its Profess 280 mile round trip but once I find someone I stay with them no matter where they are. Whoever you eventually get to do the installation insist on contacting past customers and examples of their work, photos are not acceptable as they can be taken from anywhere on the internet, if you dont check them out thoroughly just send me the money you were going to waste on the installation  it will save you alot of trouble and heartache. Mike.

still drawing blanks with lpg shops....why have someone answer the phone who can't talk about your products and only book you in ...?

Hi Bluesman

i meant to add, I did some research on Profess; the company appears to be rather different from the one you possibly used? Quite a few annoyed people out there which looked disconcerting :(