Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How did you fund your ISF?

Getting back on topic. If the monthly repayments are affordable then you should go for it. Try your bank for a better rate, they should be pretty low already. 

Read back what you initially put please. A Bentley for ONLY £1400 a month, and bragging you can afford £3k a month. 

And as for getting a mortgage for a house costing 10x your salary being the norm.......hmmm. 

4 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Interesting approach.  Some would say a mis spaced number place is less intrusive and "arsey" compared to deleting cats :D

Yawn. I'm not deleting my cats just so everyone can bask in my profession and my name though. Nor am I posting crass comments regarding finance or talking about how much I earn or what hypothetical supercar I could afford on my salary. 

4 minutes ago, rayaans said:

I never mentioned how much I earned... you're not reading between the lines. Who knows I might be sitting on a fortune my father lent me? My salary could be zilch......

I presume you refused/will refuse to give your other half your surname too? Or are you all about double standards?

Stop backtracking. You made enough references to how much you earn without giving a figure, not that I give a flying monkeys. You came across as crass and arrogant to everyone else on this thread. All you had to do was type something along the lines of "financing isn't for me, I saved up and bought my cars that way". Also the question was directed at ISF owners!

As for the second paragraph, what on earth does marriage have to do with a badly spaced reg plate?

• Like 1

First post was reasonable? Maybe to your pals down at the country club. 

Every post you type makes you come across worse.....just stinks of 'look at me' arrogance. 

Don't you have a butler to thrash or something rather than annoy us peasants on here?

I asked for some friendly comments for my post and look where you took it...

people should be humble in success and it's not coming across that way to anyone on here from you!

3 hours ago, rayaans said:

I know they are - but essentially they're owned by people who cant really afford them.

I could finance a new Bentley Bentayga no problem - they're only like £1400 a month. Could probably even stretch to 458 at £3k a month, but WTH imagine if I turned up to my workplace in a Ferrari! Essentially some of it will be running through expenses anyway.

Hmm I presume you enjoy blasting personal comments around on the forum? My number plate is deliberately mis-spaced to separate the the name and the word. Its completely readable and have had no issues with police (even after being stopped a few times in the past few years) or in the MOT. Its been like that since 2004.

The whole point is that finance is really for people who cant afford to actually BUY the car, instead they just rent it, somewhat like property renting (which IMO is also a bit weird)

Having a mis spaced number plate is better than rolling around in a £50k Audi parked outside a little house.... or maybe its just me

Next we'll have finance options for jeans and haircuts, or TV's and Sofas.... OH WAIT, forgot about BrightHouse for a second.....

With regard to financing - I can't really see the problem in saving up - its like people have no patience whatsoever. Its not like I just forked out £54k on an RX and £24k on a used IS overnight! It does require some planning but hardly much.

I think you need to get off your high horse a bit., i think this thread is pretty much done here.

shame really as it was quite an interesting topic.

now, excuse me I need to contact my chauffeur to collect my la farrari.

Guys I apologise for my comments. Bad day. Other half says I'm being mean. 

I will delete my comments. Just realise it's turning into a Merc forum. Id rather not let that happen

Sorry GibletPH, Tom, Steve, Lex(OP) and toffee_pie. 

• Like 1

Just now, Stuno1 said:

If nothing else it was an entertaining read 😂

😂 😂 😂 😂  

Sorry guys. Not making excuses or anything but it's been a long day. 

But as GibletPH suggested "financing is not for me". 

Just to clarify. I don't have an issue with the actual financing concept. I have an issue with the interest they charge which has caught a few people out. Let's  just say it caught me out once and that'd where my insane hatred comes from.... 😂😂

Back on topic lex28.

I'm not a wealthy guy and I use the bank to finance the purchase of my cars.  I budget £300 every month for my car.

My present loan is based on 3.4% apr so is not into rip off territory.

I tend to change every 2 years and it works for me.  It's a bit like a company having a £300 pcm lease budget, but I own my vehicle at the end.

With careful purchase of a six year old car, the depreciation is usually less than my bank payments.  Then I move on to the next one using the last vehicle as down payment on the new one (to me).

Not sure I'll change this one though, quite rare and only done 37k with full LSH.  We'll see when the time comes.

• Like 2

Well, if you do genuinely regret what you said, then that is fair enough.  Everyone is entitled to a bad days ranting once in a while :smile:

On that note, perhaps a moderator can clean this thread up a bit?  Since the posts have been removed, it is going to make no sense to anyone trying to read it now. 

7 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

Well, if you do genuinely regret what you said, then that is fair enough.  Everyone is entitled to a bad days ranting once in a while :smile:

On that note, perhaps a moderator can clean this thread up a bit?  Since the posts have been removed, it is going to make no sense to anyone trying to read it now. 

Been ranting all day. 😂😂

I think it's cos my wife took me shopping and I wanted to clean my car 😢 but she insisted!!

Agreed. I would have left it on but I'd keep getting notifications when people replied. 

Tbf Steve 3.4% isn't bad. Through main dealer? Last time I checked they were like "we only do 4.9%" and as you can imagine that works out a lot over 3 years especially since my car was worth pretty much nothing after 9 years.

I'm the same as Steve, budget £300-400 a month for a car whether that be on finance or personal loan. 

My previous car was on a PCP deal at a low interest rate of 1.9% but it depreciated heavily in the 20 months i owned it and cost me nearly £2k to get out of the deal on top of the £10k i had already paid into it....put me off buying new again.

Took out a personal loan for the IS-F and I figure if I keep the mileage low and look after the car i shouldn't lose too much on it. 

20 minutes ago, Tom24 said:

Took out a personal loan for the IS-F and I figure if I keep the mileage low and look after the car i shouldn't lose too much on it. 

That's the way I work Tom.  Always on a top quality, full sh, low mileage used car.  Let the original purchaser take the lion's share of the depreciation.  Usually bought private or from an independent.

I'm always very careful when I buy, patience is a virtue !  I once ran a 56 plate Saab 93 Aero Sportwagon for 10 months and sold it for a £300 profit.  I don't lose much on my cars.

Rayaan, 3.4% is very good atm and obtained through my bank.  I've always shopped around and never been taken for a ride !

10 hours ago, steveledzep said:

Thanks for your input...I'm trying to do some number crunching and using my current is250 as deposit...with a 55 plate IS with 80k full service mileage and original ISL wheels I'm hoping to making £.4.5 a £5k. Then try and finance for around £10k over 3 years. 

Ive looked at other brand of cars and I'm sure the M5's, Audi S4's maybe as good or better but i love the Lexus branding and style and going back to my original post, a Lexus says a lot about you. (Hopefully in a good way)

if I can't afford it, I'd take another IS250 in an f-sport model as there is about 3 on AT with ultra blue colour

thanks all for your input and apology accepted Raayaan 

I bought privately, recently, from a friend. Didn't feel like going for finance of any sort so paid him cash. Got a really good deal; paid him what he was offered as a px figure, rather than 'market'. His offer, I accepted. Should get me a year's 'free' motoring.

1 hour ago, lex28 said:

Thanks for your input...I'm trying to do some number crunching and using my current is250 as deposit...with a 55 plate IS with 80k full service mileage and original ISL wheels I'm hoping to making £.4.5 a £5k. Then try and finance for around £10k over 3 years. 

Ive looked at other brand of cars and I'm sure the M5's, Audi S4's maybe as good or better but i love the Lexus branding and style and going back to my original post, a Lexus says a lot about you. (Hopefully in a good way)

if I can't afford it, I'd take another IS250 in an f-sport model as there is about 3 on AT with ultra blue colour

thanks all for your input and apology accepted Raayaan 

Audi's and BMW's are money pits though. You have to be prepared for the money they will cost you if you do get one as well so factor that in to your decision

I guess you could always go for the 3rd Gen IS250 if you could find one as they're relatively rare to get hold of.

I have looked at trying to clean the thread up but it appears that all the offending posts have been taken off but its fairly obvious what the posts were and to take any more posts away would not do anything positive. Rayann has apologised for the posts and as it looks like everyone has now had their say I have locked the thread. Mike.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links