Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I watched it and thought I was in Play School, wont bother again, they also had some other related program Top Gear Extra which was of a lower level of IQ than the actual program. BBC, I would just give up. I dont know how much the BBC paid those so called presenters but every penny was wasted and they should go to court and get every penny back for us License Payers. Mike.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bluesman said:

I watched it and thought I was in Play School, wont bother again, they also had some other related program Top Gear Extra which was of a lower level of IQ than the actual program. BBC, I would just give up. I dont know how much the BBC paid those so called presenters but every penny was wasted and they should go to court and get every penny back for us License Payers. Mike.

agreed, I didnt enjoy it at all.

I went in with an open mind expecting a half decent effort. It just got really annoying very quickly and Chris Evans, I dont think, is cut out to replace Clarkson. Would have been a lot better if Chris harris presented it.

I watched it because it's about cars, despite disliking Chris Evans since the day I first saw him.

Can't stand middle aged men trying to dress and act like kids, hence Clarkson and Hammond were also on my hit list, and why does Evans have to SHOUT everything?

Matt the american was better than I feared he would be, but there seemed no chemistry between any of the presenters, even the lovely Sabine.

I also think they missed a chance to refresh the format, it's looking really tired imo.

I watched Fifth Gear the other night on Quest, and Plato, Tiff and VBH, particularly when doing group tests, are far better than anything TG have managed for a long time.

All my opinion of course, I know plenty won't agree.

• Like 1

It wasn't great but I hope that over time the chemistry between the presenters develops... Clarkson,Hammond and May had many years together so I'm hoping it will improve...

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, steveledzep said:

Turned it off after 20 minutes.

Same stupidity.....different clowns !!

Same here, we watched about 25 mins and sadly found it uncomfortable and even embarrassing so turned it off.  You'd really think that all the stops would be pulled out for the first one with the new line up. The Reliant Rialto thing, what was that, just a load of nothingness. So disappointed. 

The stupidity was always going to be present as thats what people watched the show for

The problem is that Evans and Matt can't pull the stupidity off anywhere near as well as the original cast.

Chemistry isn't something that develops between a cast, it should already be there......

• 4 weeks later...

I never watched any car program until I bought a 87’ 911, and then I started watching TopGear. I agree TopGear is quite stupid but still funny.. in a way.

What I think is, if I watched TopGear first I may never end-up buying a Porsche 911, it will reduce my level of intelligent to a point that I don't like sport car anymore.

MLB has been OK but CE is a disaster and the writers/producers have totally missed the point of what TG was under Clarckson et al and missed the opportunity to refresh the format which it was crying out for. This week's episode was basically an OK episode of 5th Gear with CE's pointless chat-show segment in the middle. Sabine and Jordan haven't really worked either. Matt with the two other blokes might just work if they get thrown into some serious challenges where they have the chance to genuinely form a bond. 

The star in a car nonsense had already been running for far too long imo, even before the new set up.

But it's now beyond bad, being a shameless plug for a couple of "celebrities" latest enterprise.

The obvious reading of the other celebs plug, from an autocue, is painful to watch, and the new mixed format lap is already stale.

No wonder a lot of people have said they record the program, and fast forward through star in a car, it seems to go on forever, starts on a "wtf are they" and ends on a "who cares" note.

• Like 1

So after watching every single episode:

1) It started off poorly

2) It got much better throughout which was expected anyway

3) Chris Evans annoys me alot - he keeps shouting

4) Matt has been pretty good IMO and I wouldn't mind if they sacked Chris evans and just had MLB doing it all

5) Chris Harris is great, Sabine OK although can be annoying sometimes and Rory is too Blue Peter for me. Jordan is average, not bad, not great either

6) Star in a car is way too long - there should be a lot more car content rather than that crap!

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

So after watching every single episode:

1) It started off poorly

2) It got much better throughout which was expected anyway

3) Chris Evans annoys me alot - he keeps shouting

4) Matt has been pretty good IMO and I wouldn't mind if they sacked Chris evans and just had MLB doing it all

5) Chris Harris is great, Sabine OK although can be annoying sometimes and Rory is too Blue Peter for me. Jordan is average, not bad, not great either

6) Star in a car is way too long - there should be a lot more car content rather than that crap!

Quite close to my assessment (saves me typing!!).

Exceptions being Harris, never taken to him I'm afraid, but I can put up with him, and Jordan, who is surprisingly poor and just doesn't gel with any of the others.

I admit to quite enjoying the final program, without "shouty" and stars in car, would have been even better.

1 hour ago, mikeyv said:

Quite close to my assessment (saves me typing!!).

Exceptions being Harris, never taken to him I'm afraid, but I can put up with him, and Jordan, who is surprisingly poor and just doesn't gel with any of the others.

I admit to quite enjoying the final program, without "shouty" and stars in car, would have been even better.

I always thought Chris Harris was great, especially his online reviews. Just says it how it is!

Its getting better already, Evans has stepped down!

The thing is, you know a programme with Chris Evans in it is going to contain shouting, just like a programme with Popeye is going to contain spinach, so I don't know why everyone seems surprised.  Anyway, after saying I wouldn't watch it again I did try a couple of episodes (whilst hiding behind the sofa) and I don't think it improved.  In my opinion it should never have been made after the last crew were out, just like they should never have remade Reggie Perrin without Leonard Rossiter or Pink Panther without Peter Sellers....etc.

• Like 2

Well CE has gone. Says he gave it his best shot. Even with him gone I cant see any point in carrying on with the old format as it was all well past its sell by date long before the original crowd were sacked. Come on BBC time for a completely new car program, show us what your made of.

• Like 1

I did not think it was all bad. Chris Evans is a personality that people like or even hate. Yes he is shouty but I put that down to enthusiasm and trying hard to make the programme snazzy - though it did not work that well. The format needs changing. I think the BBC have tried too hard to keep the format, which worked well with Clarkson et al. Given time - which nowadays is not allowed - I felt the show and personalities may have gelled and developed the show. I still enjoy shows about cars and I am not really all that interested in being entertained with stupid stunts like the Reliant sketch.

Who will take over now I wonder?

Nigel Farage? He is a good talker! LOL!

• Like 1