Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Got my LS400 and loving it!!

I've got myself an LS400. After getting old Baz to lower the price a bit and he also put a new MOT on the car as well as recharging the air con which is now ice cold, I've bitten the bullet and gone for it!!!

Absolutely everything works on the car except the electric aerial which doesn't bother me because I use a DAB tuner which uses an FM transmitter to the main unit. The steering wheel adjusts in all directions, bone dry boot and spare tyre well, climate control LCDs light up, new bonnet struts, heated seats work and everything else is fine. The engine oil is a lovely golden brown colour and the transmission a nice red which doesn't smell burnt, the gear changes are so smooth and barely noticeable.

I've booked the car in with my mechanic for a new cambelt on Friday which is costing £360 all in including a new waterpump as a precaution. The car has just had 4 new tyres and new rear brake pads.

I'm loving the car so far and think I prefer it to the LS430 which I had before, it seems that bit quieter and more refined to me, I also find the seats more comfortable. The car also has a PS1 in the glovebox and a DVD player under the passenger seat which are linked to screens in the front headrests. All in all a lovely car and I'm very pleased with it.

• Like 2

Congratulations on your ls400. There was an x reg on eBay which was much cheaper than what baz was asking for his, incidentally the ls400 was also sold by a well known con man in Dudley so make sure all paperwork for cambelt etc are correct. That ls400 has been for sale afew times lately by different  people so would make me wonder why no one kept it for long.

3 minutes ago, Chasdad said:

Well just to add my two pence worth the ls430 I've put a deposit on is a much nicer drive than the 400 I had

Screenshot_2016-02-23-09-45-08.png

Did you sell the ls400 in the end?

7 hours ago, mrdoofa said:

Oh dear, looks like I've started an LS400 vs LS430 debate!!!

It won't be the first!  The general consensus is that they're both excellent cars, but one has more bits to go wrong.  Either way, the LS400 is surely the most reliable car ever made (apart from my 1959 Beetle that I wish I still had) so enjoy!

1 hour ago, The-Acre said:

It won't be the first!  The general consensus is that they're both excellent cars, but one has more bits to go wrong.  Either way, the LS400 is surely the most reliable car ever made (apart from my 1959 Beetle that I wish I still had) so enjoy!

SSSHHHHH! dont tell everyone.

1 hour ago, Chasdad said:

Don't worry about it . We have the better car😉

You're treading on dangerous ground there my man (even though you're right) You see, if you keep it small it'll still be our secret!

A '59 Beetle? My dad once had a Left Hand Drive 1959 Beetle that had been imported from Switzerland. As a young lad I used to ride in the small luggage compartment directly behind the back seat. No seat belt law in the '60's! (Not so much traffic either). It was a very reliable car too. Never gave any trouble that I recall.

3 hours ago, Titch LS said:

A '59 Beetle? My dad once had a Left Hand Drive 1959 Beetle that had been imported from Switzerland. As a young lad I used to ride in the small luggage compartment directly behind the back seat. No seat belt law in the '60's! (Not so much traffic either). It was a very reliable car too. Never gave any trouble that I recall.

I bought it in the 70's for £150 and went everywhere in it.  On a winters trip from London to North Wales the choke cable broke but it didn't matter, even with sub zero temperatures it fired up in the morning with no problems but, definitely not a luxury car!

And John, I wouldn't worry.  Even if the stereo it duff you can still source parts from a breakers. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chasdad said:

I may end up eating my words as of Friday.  I've not picked it up yet. If I can't sort the stereo out I may be back tracking very quickly

Hopefully you won't end up eating your words!!! I do really like both the 400 and the 430, both are fantastic cars. I'll be even happier after Friday when the cambelt and waterpump have been done though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links