Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 s 1st gen or is300 ?

Leeofcoventry

Hi all ive been looking at is 200s wich is for sale near me for 600quid i have been rewding alot about this car and decided i wanted it but im now thinking about  a is300 now please could you help me decide but i realy love the look of the is200 many thanks lee 

would be grate full of the knowledgeable peoples advice cheers

Edited by Leeofcoventry
Just wanted to add i would be gratefull for advice

Hi.

Im new here too. I collected my IS300 Sport Cross the weekend just gone. My observations on it are as follows:

1. engine very smooth

2. handling is 'tighter' than the 535d i recently sold

3. build quality pretty damn good for an early noughtie car

4. straight six is more Jaguar grace and pace as opposed to BMW growl. I would expect the 200 to be similar just down on horses.

5. car handling for both will be excellent.

Need some ideas of some engin upgrades i know the is200 can not realy be tuned and that you will not get 200 hp out of one with outbspending big bucks but is there any slight upgrades for a little extra oumph out of them kind regards 

lee

Lee, I haven't owned a 200 - the 300 kind of found me within 2 hours of selling a BMW 535d. The extra snort of the IS300 is welcome though. I'd not want to have a less powerful car tbh, esp as re-chipping them isn't an option.

As a result of zero ecu power upgrades being open to me i'm going down the route of getting the best tyre/geometry set up and possibly a KN air filter.